Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Coco (Lee Unkrich, 2017) Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Serh, Dec 7, 2016.

1. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Goddamn I left the theater with the reddest of eyes.

GrantCloud likes this.
  2. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

This movie fucked me up.

GrantCloud and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  3. schlotty

sophos34's sponsor

This was the most I've sobbed in a theater since Lady Bird.

4. radiodead

Trusted

Doug Gottlieb just spoiled this movie on twitter for me. Not happy about it.

5. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

This movie really surprised me. Best Pixar movie since Inside Out for me. I haven't enjoyed their last few a ton (Finding Dory, Good Dinosaur, Cars 3) a ton, so I'm glad to see that they've still got it.

Anyone else hate the grandma more than they felt like was probably normal? Haha.

GrantCloud and JRGComedy like this.
  6. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

I just looked up what he tweeted out of curiosity. Whyyyyy did he think that was OK to reveal lol

radiodead likes this.
  7. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

holy lol at thinking that was good to tweet.

8. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Amazing. this was amazing. Pixar through and through.

SteveLikesMusic and irthesteve like this.
  9. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

This is beautiful in so many ways. My favorite Pixar since....maybe Up?

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

the Frozen short def should have been advertised better, multiple people were very confused at my screening
    I wonder if kids will like this, it was kinda dark, some of those skeletons scared me and I'm technically an adult
    I loved that skeleton Miguel looked like he was in My Chemical Romance
    good timing for a movie about someone finding out that their fave is problematic

11. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

the frozen short, i admit, was comically long....and it felt like a direct to DVD episode of Frozen more than a solid Disney short, but whatcha gonna do. I've seen people flipping out about it.

the snowman dude was pretty funny (olaf?)

12. Dog with a Blog

Surprised this didn’t do more for me. I definitely enjoyed it, but besides the gorgeous animation, I didn’t really find it to be that special. About to get personal here, but considering the fact that my dad who passed away a couple years ago was Mexican, a musician, and easily the #1 reason I’m musically inclined, I should have been wrecked by this movie, but I never got too emotional. So, once you take away the whole emotional aspect you’re just left with the story, which I found entertaining and very cute, but also very by the books. It used some plot devices that weren’t bad, necessarily, just a little distracting in their predictability. Not that it needed to be groundbreaking, but that’s why I found this this be pretty good, not great. Anyways, despite these things, I’d pretty much recommend it to anyone who wants to see it because, overall, it’s a pleasant watch.

13. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

I wondered that myself, but my 6 year old daughter was pumped to see it and left after the movie asking when we were going to see it again. She is a Frozen nut so I thought she'd really enjoy that one, but even she was ready for it be over because of her anticipation for Coco.

14. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

The ending had me messed up (in a good way). This movie was so great.

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  15. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Well said, even though I enjoyed this more than you. You and David Ehrlich make some valid points as to why this movie could be seen by others as simply good. And I'm really sorry about your dad

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  16. JimmyIymmiJ

It took everything in my power to keep from completely breaking down in the theater. My daughter looked over as actually asked me why I was crying, haha. The flashback with Remember Me absolutely wrecked me, especially so because I was sitting there with my daughter.

17. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Funny that people are talking about the Frozen short bc I went to the drive in to see this, and before it started, a guy comes on the speaker system and says...

"We are about to start, but please know in advance that there will be a short, that's not very short, playing in front of the movie. Just a heads up, bc we've had lots of complaints from people about it, but the studio sent it to us and asked that we play it first, so just a heads up, but the movie will start right after."

18. Dog with a Blog

Thanks bud.

19. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

can’t even listen to recuerdame without getting all emotional.

also yeah they gave us a warning also about the short.

GrantCloud likes this.
  20. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Listening to the soundtrack brings all the feelings back, man.

21. JimmyIymmiJ

No warnings at my showing, but I did hear some people asking the staff if they were in the right movie. We knew it was coming, but it doesn't seem like they did a very good job of making sure everyone did.

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

starting Friday the Olaf short won't be playing anymore

23. Dog with a Blog

That’s interesting. Typically the shorts and the main feature are all on the same file. I guess cause this one was long they put it on as a separate clip, perhaps anticipating backlash haha. I remember finding it ridiculous that there were trailers for the Olaf short before a few Disney movies, but at the time I didn’t realize how long it was. I guess that was their way of warning people.

24. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, just seems like a strange choice to put a 20 minute short ahead of an already 110 minute long kid's movie.

25. Dog with a Blog

Oh yeah, I definitely agree. It’s dumb.