Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival Festival • Page 71

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by irthesteve, Apr 1, 2016.

1. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

With all the moving parts that go into this, that really is pretty impressive. I wonder if they have contingency plans for postponed dates in contracts for bizarre situations like this? If they don't now, I'm sure they will in the future

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I'm sure there is something or other in the contract, but I also think that the fest and the artist probably are working together for something that is mutually beneficial.

theasteriskera likes this.
  3. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Should I listen to more country music?

4. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Eric Church rules, I’m not a fan of “Bro Country” which is what makes up most of country radio. But yeah Eric Church, Kacey Musgraves, and Ruston Kelly are good starting places.

Hopefully someone a bit more into that scene follows up behind me with more recs

5. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

listen to Orville Peck

6. theasteriskera Mar 13, 2020
    (Last edited: Mar 13, 2020)
    theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

ABSOLUTELY. There's SO MUCH great country right now. First, Youtube "Bo Burnham Pandering" to laugh a little. As mentioned previously, you can't go wrong with Kacey Musgraves & her husband Ruston Kelly; Kacey's album Golden Hour won AOTY at the Grammy's & it's well deserved, Ruston just released an ep of emo covers. Katie Pruitt just put out a great album a few weeks ago, & is about to tour with City & Colour. Kelsea Ballerini is the featured vocalist in a lot of Chainsmokers songs, she's got an album coming out really soon that's def more on the pop side if that's your thing. Some other more current artists I've been listening to pretty frequently: Old Dominion, Kalie Schorr, Lauren Alaina, Gabby Barrett, Kane Brown. Spotify's #throwbackthursday playlist is currently "powerful women of country", and it spans several decades. The 90s was full of so much good stuff... Dixie Chicks first 2 albums are as good as it gets in my opinion. And they just released their first new song in 13 years!!

Edit: My dumb ass forgot Donavon Woods, he's amazing too

7. CobraKidJon

all I know is kacey musgraves and orville peck and I am happy

8. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

+old town road

9. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

10. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Who knows, maybe six months from now I’ll be buying Stagecoach tickets.

11. irthesteve

12. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Glastonbury is every other year usually anyway right? Makes it a little bit easier for them in that regard.

In other news, someone in the Bonnaroo thread said that is getting postponed to the fall, which I believe at this point. I'm imagining a future where I go to Lolla in August, Bonnaroo in September, and Coachella in October and I'm not so made anymore (but also maybe it's hopeful to think Lolla will even still go on in August).

13. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

You think Lolla would postpone? Lolla is still months away. I'm worried about Pitchfork.

14. irthesteve

Bonaroo just postponed

15. manoverboard365

Trusted

Shaky Knees and Govball gonna announce new fall dates soon.

16. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I am done trying to predict what's going to happen lol

skogsraet likes this.
  18. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Honestly.... wouldn’t be shocked if we don’t see any festivals this year at all

19. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah even if the virus goes away earlier that expected, I don’t know how many people want to go on an expensive vacation after financial hardship

Brent likes this.
  20. simonthebutler

Regular

It is generally every year, they take a year off roughly every five years to give the villagers a break.

21. irthesteve

Lady Gaga was planning a surprise Coachella set?

22. CobraKidJon

well now it can be a surprise in October

23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Finding that out when it's not happening is worse than coachella getting postponed in the first place why even share that info with me unless she is coming in october too

24. CobraKidJon

25. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I love the optimism!