Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival Festival • Page 61

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by irthesteve, Apr 1, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I'm itching hard for new PTM

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  2. manoverboard365

Trusted

PTM will need one more top 40 hit to elevate them to headliner level. I also think we're only a few years away from Anderson Paak, Cage the Elephant, Brockhampton, Run the Jewels, The xx and SZA all becoming headliners. Lana Del Ray will probably be a headliner on her album cycle too.

3. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Either a top 40 hit or a critically acclaimed album (like Golden Hour, Meldorama, NFR! type thing where it's not necessarily the biggest album but people keep on talking about it). Which I wholly believe they are capable of. Agree on most of those, but Cage's chances are slipping. Tierra Whack is about to ascend straight to that top line under the headliner too. I give that probably a year, but 2 max. One of the most fun live shows I've ever seen

4. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

its interesting being in a phase where the old headliners (the killers, RHCP type stuff) aren’t what crowds want to see and the newer generation is finally reaching headline status

Tyler is another that is going to be headlining soon

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  5. This is interesting

Brent likes this.
  6. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

0F181B7A-AF6C-4EB1-8987-FD974EB1F2D9.jpeg

7. irthesteve

RIP funk wav

ComedownMachine likes this.
  8. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Got my place to stay locked down. V excited.

9. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

what area you staying in?

10. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Literally right across from the festival

11. Cmoney86

Trusted

Maybe Coachella dose mcr a solid for the headliner fuck up and they book them for after show both weekends. I’m sure that’s in the realm of possibilities

12. irthesteve

Extremely doubtful

13. CobraKidJon

there was no mess up

14. Cmoney86

Trusted

How can you say there was no mess up when they offered their headline spot to another band? They could have knocked someone else down and made them a sub or close another big stage or pushed one of them to next year like they did with Beyoncé when she was pregnant. They could have found a way to keep MCR on it as a headliner especially if they already signed a official contract to play.

15. CobraKidJon

Coachella isn’t about favors and mcr will do just fine

16. Cmoney86

Trusted

They could have found a way to keep them on instead of completely taking them off. That’s bad business. And could ruin the relationship between mcr and the promoters.

17. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah I also agree there was no mess up. As mentioned previously, if Rage Against The Machine asks to play your festival, you let them play (and headline obviously) your festival. Does it suck for My Chemical Romance to be booted as a headliner if you're My Chemical Romance? Sure, but it's just something part of the business you have to deal with. Rage Against The Machine>My Chemical Romance in terms of popularity (despite what streams and views might say).

18. Cmoney86

Trusted

Ok but still you could have done something to keep them on and move people around. That’s a shitty thing to do to a band that just made you a ton of money from a show they promoted and sold out instantly. It’s bad business and could ruin a good business relationship. I have zero clue how anything in the music/concert industry works but if mcr officially signed a contract Coachella should honor it. The only way they can make up for their bad business move is what I suggested. But at the same time it was kind of a shitty thing with what rage did coming in last minute. And who know maybe cus mcr got bumped and decided not to play they got offered a spot on next years one

19. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

MCR didn’t make Coachella any money lol

GrantCloud and ALT/MSC/FAN like this.
  20. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I love MCR and they would've been literally the only headliner I'm interested in this year...but I don't agree it was a shitty thing for Coachella to do at all. It's kind of just par for the course when you're in the business of running a festival the size of Coachella.

21. Cmoney86

Trusted

i said the promoters. they did the return show so they made the promoters of coachella a shit ton of money. it was the best selling money making shrine show ever

22. Cmoney86

Trusted

they could have found a way to keep them on and offer next year to someone else or offer next year to mcr

23. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

says it all

24. Cmoney86

Trusted

im still allowed to have my own take and opinion on the situation or isnt that allowed here either?

25. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Honestly this kind of thing happens more often you just don't hear about it. MCR shouldn't get special treatment for being shafted when other artists aren't also getting similar treatment when they have been shafted. Also, again, being shafted is just part of the business and it really just boils down to egos and not being able to handle name placement on a poster.