Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival Festival • Page 58

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by irthesteve, Apr 1, 2016.

1. does Frank Ocean have a legacy like Daft Punk tho? or even Rage against the Machine? I would argue he does but I can see the other side too.

2. here's the thing there are probably at least 20 current artists who could all headline Coachella and draw huge crowds - I just wish it wasn't an all male headlining set

Cgarnsay and Fucking Dustin like this.
  3. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

It would have been cool if they got Taylor Swift.

4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I am honestly still just kind of shocked at how much perception of Lana has changed from even just like a year ago. And I also bet Coachella wasn't banking on her year being as big as it was.

5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Totally agree with that. Was really hoping for Rihanna finally this year. Taylor was my initial guess til she announced her own Festival being the only US Festivals. Until Nicki shat the bed, she would have been such a great great great headliner.

6. irthesteve

Side note, I was just thinking about when I saw her play Coachella a few years ago, then looked up when she played, it was SIX years ago... how did I get so damn old....

7. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I am genuinely curious though...who outside of Taylor, Beyonce, Adele, Ariana, Lady Gaga, and Rihanna could headline Coachella? It seems like there are slim pickings when it comes to women headliners.

domotime2 and digitalbath like this.
  8. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Dude. Was at Outdoor that year for Neutral Milk Hotel and the battle between NMH fans trying to leave and Lana fans trying to rush in for her set was one of the most insane things I’ve ever seen at a show/festival.

9. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Oh wow I honestly assumed Lana played Coachella within the last several years but that is kind of crazy it's been that long.

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Stevie Nicks/Cher level, Paramore maybe

it's hard for me to gauge festival headliners because it's such a different niche

Brent likes this.
  11. emojedi

Trusted

Paramore and Steve Nicks can't headline

12. irthesteve

Arguably Miley, but that's a harder one to justify. It sounds crazy, but Billie Eilish could in maybe... two years? if she has a second huge record.

Madonna could pull off a crazy career-spanning set

13. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Is Katy Perry headliner worthy in 2020?

14. manoverboard365

Trusted

I dont think so. Her last album bombed and didnt the tour end up getting cancelled for poor ticket sales?

15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Paramore no, Miley no, Katy Perry no, but Stevie could or at least Fleetwood Mac, it's just not really a choice that would make the most sense for Coachella in 2020. I think you'd only really see a band like that for a reunion, not just another Fleetwood Mac show.

I mean there's others out there. Florence + the Machine, Gwen Stefani/No Doubt. Billie Eilish could even now I think, I don't think she has to wait 2 years. I'm not sure Lizzo is Coachella headlining level just yet, but a couple years.

16. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I think Miley would make a great first line (like just not headliner). Katy I think would get a horrible reaction if she was on the lineup at all really. People just really aren't interested as far as I can tell. Neither has had a *true* hit since their 2013 albums, but I think Miley benefits from people growing up with her so as long as she wasn't headlining people would be receptive.

17. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m not so sure that Gwen Stefani is headliner worthy. She feels like on the same level as a Mariah Carey to me, someone who is still relevant today but nowhere near their peak and better suited as a headliner 15 years ago or so.

18. irthesteve

No Doubt could do it, Gwen solo would be a stretch

ItsAndrew and skogsraet like this.
  19. digitalbath

Regular

I could see Sia or Halsey headlining. Billie Eilish could also headline this year if put in that spot at this moment. Her first leg of her North American tour sold out super quick. Not to mention she’s likely putting out more music this year.

ItsAndrew likes this.
  20. irthesteve

adding Omar Apollo to my want list, I've heard some cool stuff from him, seems to be pretty buzzy too

21. Billie Eilish and Lorde could both def headline

22. irthesteve

Halsey is borderline

23. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Billie Eilish on the next album cycle yes but I dunno about Lorde. She subbed in 2017 and her popularity seems to have dipped since then. The Melodrama tour couldn’t fill arenas.

24. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

Actually a better lineup.

falafelmywaffle and riotspray like this.
  25. irthesteve