Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival Festival • Page 53

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by irthesteve, Apr 1, 2016.

1. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Does he have a new album coming out? He would be cool to see but I feel like it's been a hot minute since any of his music was a hit and he was "relevant". (I know that's weird to say but I don't know how else to word it)

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

he does have a new album coming out, yes. Aside from that he is still very possible for many reasons. The (mostly corroborated) story goes that the original plans were Beyonce headlining 2017 then Justin 2018. Well, we all know that Bey got pregnant and pushed back into 2018. Justin wasn't able to just flip years, so Gaga stepped in. This pushed Justin into 2019. Well, if you remember, Justin got sick right at the end of 2018 and had to cancel & reschedule dates. His re-scheduling then took him out of the running for 2019 and Tame Impala or Ariana Grande replaced him (one replaced him, one replaced Kanye). WELL it would make sense now for him to be 2020 and finally headline. PLUS he has been amping up a new album which would convinently be out before then, and hopefully get a better general reaction than Man of the Woods.

Long story short, yes it makes a lot of sense

3. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Well would ya look at that. My Chemical Romance is back and playing a show put on by Goldenvoice...who puts on Coachella.

SaveTheEarth and irthesteve like this.
  4. irthesteve

They are definitely playing Coachella

SaveTheEarth and bobby_runs like this.
  5. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

So is Rage Against The Machine apparently.

ABRfan3295 likes this.
  6. Cmoney86

Trusted

Yeah there tour dates they just announced have 2 dates that line up with the fridays of both weekends. If they are really back they will be on all the USA fests next year I wonder if they play riot or Lolla cuz riot is supposedly having a out of left field reunion

7. manoverboard365

Trusted

Holy shit, RATM AND MCR? Yep, going to Coachella next year.

Ben Buchnat likes this.
  8. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Glad Rage is playing so I can at least see a stream when I inevitable can't afford to travel to go to one of their shows

9. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

frank for Coachella and make it the perfect lineup

10. irthesteve

holy shit @ RATM touring again

dilleo, Mary V and bradsonemanband like this.
  11. is there a list going of bands/performers that are more or less confirmed for Coachella '20?

12. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

So it's safe to assume My Chemical Romance will play before RATM on the same day?

13. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

not necessarily because they usually discourage campers

mattfreaksmeout and irthesteve like this.
  14. irthesteve

RATM are gonna get in trouble for announcing before the lineup drop lol

bradsonemanband likes this.
  15. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

Is it even confirmed My Chem is playing Coachella?

16. fuck you they don't do what you tell them

:-)

17. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Mikey convinced me to go this year and you aren’t even same weekend smh

irthesteve likes this.
  18. irthesteve

no, but they are. No one is confirmed until a lineup drops though, no one.

19. irthesteve

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

20. Cmoney86

Trusted

Dose anyone think with rage dropping that they are playing and jumping the gun of an official announcement they announce the lineup early and not in 2 months like normal cuz usually it’s out the first week of January

21. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

absolutely not

22. irthesteve

zero chance

23. manoverboard365

Trusted

Yeah it's not dropping any earlier than January. Most of the time the lineups aren't even finalized until the night before they release it.

24. irthesteve

Paul Tollett spoke at a summit, here's a little article about it, and below some info from a reddit user that was there

Coachella 2020 Lineup is 95% Booked, Founder Says

1. His team is moving on to production while he is mainly focused on scheduling - set times and stages. He books a lot without confirming a stage/set time. He's "finalizing the poster".

2. He did not confirm "Rage," though he was not asked directly to confirm it. He did mention 2007 RATM headlining as a moment that - at the time - he thought they couldn't top. He said he loved watching their set and right afterwards, someone offstage said to him "How are you going to top that?" and that it ruined the moment for him.

3. Confirmed that "Coachella Curated" is coming back for 2020 WK2. Said the viewership numbers on Coachella Curated 2019 were "super healthy".

4. Confirmed that a documentary on the first 20 years of Coachella (looking back only) will be out before Coachella 2020.

5. PT says he checks out the "mocks". (He did not use the word "mocks".)

6. He said he has a group of friends - who are campers - who he shares the lineup and poster with ahead of time and they give him feedback. That group gave him a lot of trouble for the Rosalia vs. Blackpink conflict this year. He was shocked. He emphasized that scheduling the show was easier when people were single genre fans. Now that "everyone likes everything" he has to watch out for a flamenco act conflicting with K-Pop.

7. He he scours the internet and that he is "always out" at shows and other festivals. They do 2,500 other shows a year besides Coachella ("some aren't selling, some are adding nights...") and that Coachella wouldn't be what it is without their experience and real-time reads on the other 2,500 shows.

8. Oddly, he twice referred to the Outdoor as the "second stage" before rephrasing it as "Outdoor".

25. irthesteve

Interesting info from well a well proven source