Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival Festival • Page 52

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by irthesteve, Apr 1, 2016.

1. emojedi

Trusted

North is actually the cutest child. i can't get over it.

riotspray likes this.
  2. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

The kids singing Lift Yourself. Too good.

3. riotspray Apr 21, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 21, 2019)
    riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Last half hour was cool. The first 2 hours I could have skipped.

4. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Would have liked more Kanye. Overall it was really cool but the crowd was EMPTY for the last half

Fronnyfron likes this.
  5. flask

Trusted Supporter

Everyone bummed it was actually a church service lol.

6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

What time did you get in line

7. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

irthesteve likes this.
  8. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Secured weekend 2 passes

9. irthesteve

10. irthesteve

This reddit thread is a good read, does a really great job of combining all the headliner rumors, discusses validity and more

11. Cmoney86

Trusted

If anyone gets mcr it will be In Chicago for lolla or riot fest

12. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Not sure why you think that but Coachella absolutely has more pull than both Lollapalooza and Riot Fest, so no. I could maybe see Riot Fest because they are good at getting reunions, but that's the only reason why.

irthesteve likes this.
  13. irthesteve

Andrew is correct

14. irthesteve

At this point in time, if I was gambling, I think I would put money on

Coldplay/Frank Ocean/Justin Timberlake

15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

That’s it I need to go

irthesteve likes this.
  16. Cmoney86

Trusted

Riot fest yes absolutely they have the money and the pull and the dude that runs it has such a good rep within the music industry I totally see them getting them. They fit riot fest more then any other festival. And they have something huge in the works for next year and he’s always approaching mcr to get back together and play. They get all the big Renions before anyone else dose so....

Or mcr dose their own Amphitheatre tour cuz like blink 182 in 2009 they will sell the entire tour out

17. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I don't think Riot Fest has the pull to get My Chemical Romance honestly. Riot Fest is honestly a small festival in the grand scheme of things. Coachella, while not the best fit, would make way more sense because they have a much bigger pull. I totally get that they "fit" with Riot Fest, but they are bigger than that festival, and could easily make more money headlining a bigger festival (Coachella or Reading and Leeds) or their own tour.

18. Cmoney86

Trusted

Lol ok dude whatever not gonna fucking argue but my point stands about them getting all the big reunions before anyone else. fall out boy System of a Down nine inch nails blink are all bigger then that fest and yet they still got them so they have the money I’m sure all 4 I just named cost more the mcr will

theasteriskera likes this.
  19. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Yeah, I mean Coachella is Coachella. It's kind of a trump card over any other festival.

GrantCloud, irthesteve and ItsAndrew like this.
  20. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

None of those you mentioned were reunion gets though. Also, Fall Out Boy is from the Chicago area and Blink has gone down in popularity (it doesn't seem that difficult to book them). I'm just saying that if or when MCR reunite, it will be a MUCH bigger deal than Riot Fest.

21. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

you know Coachella has done a ton of reunions, right?

GrantCloud and ItsAndrew like this.
  22. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I mean if MCR comes back I’m pretty sure it’ll be a full fledged reunion. Coachella sets them up really nice as still being relevant vs if they just play Riot Fest which makes them seem more like a nostalgia act. I see no reason why they don’t do both, as well as a full tour.

24. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Well I have fully talked myself into Coachella 2020 now I just need to talk someone else into it and I’ll be there

Fronnyfron and irthesteve like this.
  25. irthesteve

GrantCloud and bradsonemanband like this.