Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival Festival • Page 42

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by irthesteve, Apr 1, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I'm so happy

2. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

I don’t believe Tame are the actual replacements. Feel like someone will be announced as headliner later.

3. irthesteve

Huh? No they are definitely the headliner

4. arewhyayein

Regular Supporter

Yeah they’re massive

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Ari's schedule around this is insane

April 10 -- Columbus, OH @ Schottenstein Center
    April 12 -- Indianapolis, IN @ Bankers Life Fieldhouse
    April 13 -- St. Louis, MO @ Enterprise Center
    April 15 -- Milwaukee, WI @ Fiserv Forum
    April 17 -- St. Paul, MN @ Xcel Energy Center
    April 18 -- Omaha, NE @ CHI Health Center
    April 20 -- Denver, CO @ Pepsi Center
    April 22 -- Salt Lake City, UT @ Vivint Smart Home Arena

also I guess Solange album or at least announcement before April and maybe Billie Eilish album news too

Mary V and irthesteve like this.
  6. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Are they really? I don’t feel like they’re coachella headliner big.... Guess I’m underestimating how popular they are.

7. irthesteve

Tame Impala is the Phoenix of the lineup

8. BackwardsDuck

kcauQ

I'm so happy for Ari! Also I bet Kids See Ghosts were supposed to play since Kid Cudi is on the lineup still

9. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

T U R N S T I L E

10. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I’m going

Fronnyfron likes this.
  11. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Also Idris Elba.

theasteriskera and irthesteve like this.
  12. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

Props to Soccer Mommy for playing Coachella. I'm sure they'll be super early on Sunday, but that's rad.

13. Finally gonna go this year I think.

Lineup is really great

Fronnyfron and irthesteve like this.
  14. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Wait, why is the entire Twitter thread Blackpink? I can honestly say I've never heard of them.

But yeah, very great lineup

15. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Blackpink is a K-pop girl group. People eat that shit up for some reason.

Fronnyfron likes this.
  16. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I love that Friday lineup of 1975 - Janelle - Bino, but the other days aren’t as interesting. Cool to see them switching it up though, Ari is a cool get. Tame impala makes sense too, last time I saw them at ACL they head a headliner size crowd and they played a set to match.

Mary V likes this.
  17. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

The lineup reception on here is pretty good. The Brooklynvegan post is filled with comments trashing the lineup

18. manoverboard365

Trusted

This is probably my favorite Coachella lineup in a very long time. Stand outs for me are: Gambino, 1975, Janelle, Anderson Paak, Kacey Musgraves, Tame, Solange, Cudi, Weezer, Aphex Twin, Billie Eilish, Christine & The Queens, Maggie Rogers, Hop Along, ARIANA, Chvrches, Pusha T, and Soccer Mommy.

Wow just realized how unbelievably stacked Saturday is compared to the other days.

St. Nate and irthesteve like this.
  19. emojedi

Trusted

Blackpink is the main reason I’m strongly considering travelling from Toronto. That’s fucking insane

Contender and K0ta like this.
  20. manoverboard365

Trusted

Also I absolutely love Tame Impala, but people aren't wrong for being shocked at them headlining. They've never headlined a major festival before, I don't even think they've headlined their own arena show before. This is definitely Coachella taking a gamble that their next album cycle will propel their popularity, kind of like what they did with Phoenix in 2013, and like what every festival did in 2018 making Travis Scott a headliner.

irthesteve likes this.
  21. emojedi

Trusted

I believe Tame Impala is only headlining cause that’s the day Ye dropped off. It makes sense since Cudi is on that day and they did confirm he was gonna be a headliner

22. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Tame's next album is going to be massive though.

irthesteve likes this.
  23. manoverboard365

Trusted

I guess we'll never know for sure, but based on her tour schedule I'd image Ariana was the last minute replacement for Ye. No way would she put her tour routing in the middle of the country for those weeks if she thought she'd be doing Coachella.

24. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

I’d go Saturday for Bassnectar, Cudi (!!!), Weezer, & Idris Elba

25. manoverboard365

Trusted

I'm sure it was a big crowd, but this is on a whole another level. Pano only has (had?) a capacity of 30k people per day, and it's never sold out. That's about a third the size of Coachella's capacity. This will definitely be the biggest show they've done.
    When I saw them at FYF in 2016 they were the sub act for Kendrick, and it felt like they had equal sized crowds.

I'm confident that 2019 will be Tame's year.