Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival Festival • Page 39

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by irthesteve, Apr 1, 2016.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

2. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Swap Kanye for BTS, please.

3. heymattrick

Sending my love

Ugh stop giving that guy these types of platforms

estacey99 likes this.
  4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Hmmmmmmmm we'll see about that

5. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

I'd be down to see all 3 headliners, but they're about as safe and unsurprising choices as Coachella headliners can get.

6. irthesteve

Would see them all, even though Kanye is on my shit list

marsvoltamcr likes this.
  7. manoverboard365

Trusted

Maybe I'm just a Gambino stan, but having him headline is huge to me. The last time (only time) he did Coachella was in 2012 when Camp came out, and he played at like 2pm. Now to come back 6 years later and headline, with the show presumably being the last show on his last tour ever, is pretty amazing.

Cgarnsay and irthesteve like this.
  8. irthesteve

His set that year was really fun, I'm down to see him out there again

9. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

May have to fuck around and go to Coachella if that’s the case since Gambino cancelled ACL.

Fuck Ye though.

10. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I’m not sure that Gambino would play since he’s doing two LA shows in mid-December which would normally rule out a headliner but maybe they’d make an exception if this is his last tour/show

11. manoverboard365

Trusted

If I understand correctly those 2 December shows were originally scheduled for this week, right? I bet the original plan was wrap up the tour in October, release the new album in December, and do a few festivals next year to promote the album & officially retire the name.

ComedownMachine likes this.
  12. irthesteve

This honestly feels like their sly way of confirming that Kanye isn't headlining, but what do I know

13. arewhyayein

Regular Supporter

Does Kanye's KSG headlining spot at Camp Flog Gnaw make it more or less likely he also plays Coachella? They're both GV events but they're also both close to (or in) LA. Idk, I guess it's a whole different project so maybe there's no correlation, but I think they might have made a deal for him to headline Coachella as well.

14. irthesteve

Either way is possible, but even if he was previously booked for Coachella they could cancel him

15. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

saw a lot of people saying the 1975 has a perfectly coachella shaped gap in their spring tour.

16. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

17. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Yes they do. Wonder how far up they will be on the billing. I’d imagine “opening” for that nights headliner.

18. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

With "Blexit" and other Kanye BS recently, it just does NOT seem like a good move to book him to headline a major festival. You'd probably be looking at 40% music 60% ranting at this point.

irthesteve likes this.
  19. manoverboard365

Trusted

Coachella will sell out regardless. They don't need Kanye.

irthesteve likes this.
  20. irthesteve

It's basically already sold out

21. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Was kinda hoping to jump on a big festival like Coachella for 2019, any chance they release more weekend passes?

22. irthesteve

In January there will be the general sale after lineup announcement

23. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

@irthesteve

Ooooh thanks. I was dumb and didn't realize it was just the advanced sale.

irthesteve likes this.
  24. irthesteve

I gotta say, I am actually shocked, but Justin Timberlake is out as a headliner now. He has two shows on the east coast during weekend 1

25. manoverboard365

Trusted

Yeah and I'm also hearing that Gambino is not playing this either.

Guess that Timberlake-Kanye-Gambino leak a couple of months ago was really premature.