Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival Festival • Page 38

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by irthesteve, Apr 1, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Nice! Way better than who we got (Trippie Redd)

2. heymattrick

Sending my love

St Vincent came out with Bleachers? Same set as last week with her just subbing in Carly Rae’s place? Or does anyone know if the setlist was different?

3. irthesteve

They covered something together, so it was new

4. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

What about yodel boy ?

5. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

i saw some things this weekend....

humblebrag time, met ariana backstage after kygo (i didn't see the set as i had to go watch belly for our work). she was super friendly. wish i'd asked for a photo!

beyonce fans are the literal worst.

bleachers was great, as was sigrid. really enjoyed miguel who my gf loves and she got to dance with Børns during too so she was super stoked.

i must have had to scan my wristband at least 100 times over the weekend

Mrplum5089 and irthesteve like this.
  6. irthesteve

You met Ari?!!?!?!?!? ahhhhhhhhhhh

7. irthesteve

8. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Intense! The first day I was up for practically 48 hours. I left my house at midnight, got to the camping line at 2:30 and didn’t get into my spot until 9am...
    It was extremely hot but very manageable with my schedule having a lot of day time acts in tents.
    Friday: Elohim, Fazerdaze, The Marias, Kali Uchis, The Neighbourhood (regretting not going to Bleachers), Vince Staples, St Vincent, SZA, The Weeknd
    Saturday: Sir Sly, Sigrid, Borns/Brockhampton, David Byrne, Tyler the Creator, Haim, Beyoncé
    Sunday: Japanese Breakfast, Hayley Kiyoko, Cardi B, Portugal the Man, Miguel, like half of Eminem

Only really negative aspect was with how tired I was, I sat at the back for a couple sets. I felt like this year was a lot less crowded than last.

irthesteve likes this.
  9. irthesteve

Haha your list really was a lot like mine! I totally agree about the crowded aspect, I think a lot of it actually is due to the re-arranging of the stages. I never even came close to the Sahara which meant a lot of Sahara kids weren't in my space either!q

ComedownMachine likes this.
  10. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

trying to get to the sahara for French Montana was a mission. That side of the festival felt like a different world, so was glad I only needed to be there for FM. His set seemed a lot better than the shambles of weekend 1 on the live stream. Those screens were ridiculous big

11. irthesteve

I downloaded a bunch of the sets that were livestreamed, watching Miguel's set at my desk right now and wishing I was back out there!

12. irthesteve

13. chris_williams67

Regular

Did anyone get pictures of Eminem’s merch? I’m trying to plan for when I see him at Boston Calling

14. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Presale this Friday

15. irthesteve

Doin it

16. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Weekend 1 or 2? I’ve gone weekend 2 for 3 times now and I’m debating switching it up

17. irthesteve

Weekend 1. I've now done weekend one 3x in a row, then weekend two 3x in a row, and again back to weekend 1 last year... my overall thought is that weekend 1 is better.

Especially this year, I didn't feel like weekend 1 was any MORE busy honestly. The benefits of having green grass plus knowing NONE of the surprises outweighs the negatives for me.

Drewski likes this.
  18. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Your experience outweighs mine (weekend one 2x, weekend two 1x) but I feel like the weekend 2 people always have all tech issues and such sorted out so more people start on time and sound better.

EDIT: The fresh green grass is soooooo tight though.

19. irthesteve

While true, I personally have never dealt with any of the tech issues that made a big difference. I didn't see the Radiohead issues, which I am thankful for, and even though SZA and Kali Uchis both complained about their weekend 1 sets themselves, I loved them both. Maybe I am just easier to please, I loved the Outkast Weekend 1 set, so what do I know :-)

Drewski likes this.
  20. irthesteve

YEAR TEN HERE I COME

21. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

My little guy has not moved up in line at all.

22. ryan.conde

Who is Ryan? Prestigious

Got weekend 2! Gonna be my first time!!!

23. irthesteve

24. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

25. irthesteve

I mean, up until maybe the last 2-3 years it 100% was true that Coachella had a unique lineup compared to other festivals. I would totally argue that even now, they have a completely unique festival for all of California because of the radius clause. PLUS even with so many festivals out there, Coachella was able to make the biggest headlines this year because of Beyonce and the fact that NO ONE else had her.

From a business perspective, I truly think the radius clause is extremely important to the longevity of the festival and is one of the reasons that Coachella has continued to be the #1 festival year after year

Drewski likes this.