Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival Festival • Page 37

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by irthesteve, Apr 1, 2016.

1. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Seeing Igor Cavalera perform at Coachella was fun.

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Ended up seeing........... Kelela, Kali Uchis, Bleachers, Vince Staples, St. Vincent, SZA, The Weeknd, Sigrid, First Aid Kit, Borns, Brockhampton, MO, Haim, Beyonce, Amine, Hayley Kiyoko, Portugal. The Man and A Perfect Circle! Gotta say, there wasn't a single set that I disliked.

TOP 5: Beyonce, Bleachers, St Vincent, Haim, Portugal. The Man

Helloelloallo likes this.
  3. irthesteve

@ComedownMachine Lot 8 is overrated, don't waste morning hours trying to get in!!! It's loud, people walk through your camp, and the only benefit is it's like 5 minutes closer to the entrance! I highly reccomend one of the lots a bit back for quieter nights, less foot traffic, tons of room for activities, and shorter shower lines!! But get 8 if you like 8 :-)

Also, it was a noticeably less crowded year than any in recent memory for me. Car and Tent camping never sold out this year, every set I saw in a tent or Outdoor stage, I was able to walk straight up to the sound booth area like, seconds before the set started. We went into the front for Beyonce during the end of Tyler and ended up watching next to people who camped out for 8 hours.... so yeah, they wasted their day hahahah.

Also @ComedownMachine I don't envy you going to the second weekend of Beyonce, I really think it's gonna be way more packed of a set after all the positive news about it, good luck!!!

ComedownMachine likes this.
  4. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Yoooo, my schedule for this week is like 80% the same as yours

5. irthesteve

Strap in buddy boy, you're in for a bunch of treats :-)

6. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

7. irthesteve

he was an easy skip for me

8. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Nobody in that crowd gave a fuck about Tyler. Ha. That was a strict Beyonce audience. He would've done so much better at the Mojave or Sahara stage.

9. irthesteve

I actually have to argue against that statement. I went IN to the crowd as Tyler was ending (on purpose, knowing Tyler fans wouldn't stay for HAIM) and a TON of people left after Tyler. Obviously there were plenty of Beyonce fans camping, but there were a ton of Tyler fans as well

10. arewhyayein

Regular Supporter

I thought Tyler was amazing... but yeah, it definitely seemed like right up by the stage it was only me and one other guy enjoying ourselves. No one else seemed too interested. (Same thing during HAIM. ) I was hoping the crowd got a bit better where there was more room & oxygen? Haha.

Idk it was a bit of a bummer everyone around me was sitting down or not really paying attention through those sets.

I don’t have anything to add about Beyoncé that hasn’t already been said, she somehow completely exceeded my impossible expectations, & that may be the best performance I’ve ever seen. (Give me a minute to come down thanks)

Also Cardi killed it Sunday. She even came on a few minutes early I think.

11. irthesteve

flask and ComedownMachine like this.
  12. irthesteve

Whoaaa the Do Lab got fuuckkkeeedd up

13. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I see a lot of people pissed off at Coachella for being unable to control the weather

Like, it kind of sucks that I won’t experience Thursday but I truly don’t care as long as I still see everyone I want

14. irthesteve

It's just angry people directing their anger the wrong way. Safety is #1.

15. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

so i'm gonna use my pass and go to weekend 2 now that the stress of working has abated. who should i check out?

irthesteve likes this.
  16. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

From what I watched on stream and who I would be excited for anyway, I would recommend:

Friday:
    Jean-Michel Jarre
    Vince Staples
    Bleachers
    Black Coffee
    PVRIS
    Dreams

Saturday:
    Beyoncé
    David Byrne
    Chic and Nile Rodgers
    Brockhampton
    The Bronx
    Highly Suspect

Sunday:
    FIDLAR
    Hayley Kiyoko
    ???

I missed a lot of the Sunday stream and I’m not super into anyone on the list, may have to take another look for that day.

17. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

brockhampton, vince staples and tyler the creator

18. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

the bronx are playing! fuck yeah

19. irthesteve

From what I saw, my top picks are

Kali Uchis, Bleachers, Vince Staples, St. Vincent, SZA, Sigrid, First Aid Kit, Brockhampton, MO, Haim, Beyonce, Amine, Portugal. The Man and A Perfect Circle

20. fbrrocks

Trusted

if you don't see hayley kiyoko then there is something wrong with you. one of my fav album of 2018 and she is so good live

21. irthesteve

I saw her set, definitely was fun

fbrrocks likes this.
  23. irthesteve

She came out with Kygo!

24. irthesteve

Tokimonsta at the dolab tonight too

25. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Khalid came out with SZA tonight. That was pretty cool.