Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival Festival • Page 31

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by irthesteve, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Stephen Young

Regular Prestigious

yeah that's definitely an over-exaggeration, but aside from Sunday, the support acts are pretty weak overall, at least for me.

2. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

If you’re not willing to fork over $500-$1000 for those headliners and camping then maybe Coachella isn’t for you. I would if I had the money.

3. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Not to mention money on flights, food, merch, etc.

4. Stephen Young

Regular Prestigious

I do want to eventually do the whole coachella experience, but it would have to be a great lineup. The lineup from 2011 was particularly great, that was a lineup that would interest me in going. I remember staying up late watching all of the streams that year. Good headliners, really great support. If that lineup came back today, and I could find someone to go with, I'd definitely go.

5. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I’m so glad Coachella is a less than 3 hour drive for me.

Sunday is by far weakest but I haven’t done my research yet

6. bobby_runs

7. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Bad take haha

8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

It's also just... wrong. There's a ton of bands on the lineup

ComedownMachine likes this.
  9. irthesteve

And I won't touch on the irony of it being posted by him

bobby_runs likes this.
  10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

11. bobby_runs

Just saw that the OG line up had Chemical Bros and Jurassic 5. How is the 2018 line up moving from what the festival started out as?

12. SPine

Trusted

Lol @ the one direction guy. Must not know any of them

13. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Weird seeing Portugal. The Man booked so high, but I guess that's what happens when your song peaks at number four on the Hot 100.

14. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Honestly I wonder how their crowd will be. I feel like the place will explode during Feel It Still, but will the crowd give a fuck about So American, Creep In a T-Shirt, Holy Roller?

15. irthesteve

they've had a solid sized crowd the last two times I've seen them there, so.... about 2-4x as big as usual? So... big, haa

ComedownMachine likes this.
  16. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I would love to see it when amine goes “WHITE GIRLS LOVE ME LIKE MY FIRST NAME COACHELLA” during his set.

irthesteve likes this.
  17. irthesteve

18. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

19. irthesteve

"Food" Thoyd should have headlined though

20. manoverboard365

Trusted

Rumor has it that Panorama (Goldenvoice's attempt at making a Coachella East) will be headlined by Janet Jackson.
    Full lineup should be coming later today.

Fronnyfron likes this.
  21. irthesteve

She'd be super fun as a headliner

22. manoverboard365

Trusted

Yeah I'm not too familiar with her stuff aside from the big 90s hits, but it's definitely the most interesting and exciting headliner booking of 2018. Glad Goldenvoice is starting to realize there's a huge pool a female artists worthy of headlining major fests.

Also just glad to finally see a fest this year that doesn't have Eminem, Jack White, The Killers, or Muse in their top line lol (love all 4, though).

23. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

I still doubt the full lineup will be released today but here's hoping. Also wonder if Lana DAel rey is one of the headliners.

24. manoverboard365

Trusted

Dude I just realized you post on Inforoo too!

25. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

You as well! These are my favorite two boards to discuss shows on.

Doubt we'll get the lineup this week for some reason but thinking next week. Regardless, having The War On Drugs, Fleet Foxes, St Vincent playing this is already reason to get psyched.