Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival Festival • Page 108

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by irthesteve, Apr 1, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

my legs are absolutely wrecked today

2. irthesteve

Had a really amazing weekend, some absolutely killer sets and just being back out at the fest was a great feeling. This is what I ended up making it to:

Ari Lennox - Carly Rae Jepsen - NIKI - Cordae - PUP - Run The Jewels - TOKiMONSTA - Pink Sweat$ - Daniel Caesar - Louis The Child - Harry Styles

Alaina Castillo - Koffee - Amber Mark - Masego - Conan Gray - Japanese Breakfast - Rina Sawayama - Turnstile - Caroline Polachek - Disclosure - BROCKHAMPTON - Flume - Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Megan Thee Stallion - Billie Eilish

Olivia O'Brien - Emotional Oranges - Maggie Rogers - Vince Staples - Karol G - Doja Cat - Denzel Curry - Swedish House Mafia x The Weeknd

3. Top 3/Bottom 3?

4. irthesteve

TOP: Turnstile, Denzel Curry, Carly Rae Jepsen, Harry Styles, Rina Sawayama.

No real bottom honestly, BROCKHAMPTON was maybe the only set that underwhelmed me, and having to watch some Swedish House Mafia was kinda boring, but it was a pretty impressive weekend

5. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

What kind of crowd was there for Turnstile ?

6. irthesteve

pretty solid sized, not huge but not miniscule. Very fun crowd though, high energy as you would expect

7. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I kept telling Comedown Machine that brockhampton set was so lame for a final show.

my top sets were for sure the same as yours with Rina, Denzel, Turnstile, Vince and Grupo Firme.

irthesteve likes this.
  8. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Jamie xx and Harry were the two biggest highlights for me. Other favorites were Pup, Omar Apollo, Turnstile, and Beach Bunny and that’s still leaving out a lot.

The two who exceeded my expectations the most were Anitta (she’s a star) and Daniel Caesar (I thought I knew a few of his songs but I knew everything he played, plus bringing out Omar for Invincible made me really happy)

No one really let me down either but if I had to choose someone I’d say the Avalanches just because I had ridiculously high expectations and instead it was just a really fun set.

I’ll finally be home in 5 minutes and I’m ready to sleep for a week straight

9. CobraKidJon

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  10. irthesteve

My premature guess is Frank / Kendrick / Ummmm I guess still Rage, but probably not

11. CobraKidJon

that’s when they get my chemical romance to do it finally

12. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

13. irthesteve

Today is what I am gonna call "Coachella Day 4," I'm gonna watch some of the sets I missed and watch the other half of sets that I skipped. Watching Big Sean right now and it's pretty damn fun

14. somethingwitty

Trusted

Finally back in NY.

That Fred Again set might’ve been the most emotional I’ve ever been at a show. Our entire group was cry-dancing the whole time. Legendary.

15. CobraKidJon

16. CobraKidJon

I’m just bringing this back to say man this lineup is crazy and Saturday is basically a list of everyone i had to miss at Coachella due to time conflicts

17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Ya that Saturday is just absolutely nuts. One of the best single day fest lineups I've ever seen. The electronic artists are catered directly to my taste, plus add Charli, Caroline, Omar, etc.

18. CobraKidJon

Me and comedown machine rn are discussing about just going day 1 because that lineup is too good

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  19. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I will be very jealous if you guys go. A part of me has been like hmm... it is a saturday but I really really shouldn't (and won't) lol

20. irthesteve

21. CobraKidJon

WEEKEND 2 CREW ROLL OUT

22. irthesteve

same

23. somethingwitty

Trusted

$549 for a weekend pass this year…Recessionchella is gonna be wild…

24. irthesteve

ugh car camping is pricey too

[​IMG]

25. CobraKidJon

Steve you can stay with my family it’s ok