Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Coachella Owner Still Donates to Deplorable People • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 3, 2018.

1. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

He is a bigot. That is a fact.

His bigoted thoughts are his opinion. Just like my opinion is that he's an asshole.

tyramail likes this.
  2. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Sorry, I wasn't trying to downplay the bigotry, or even meaning to suggest that it accurately reflects what an "opinion" is, I was only intending to mirror the terminology used and highlight the contradiction and hypocrisy in people using the idea of "free speech" or "opinion" in their defense of bigotry or criticism of people protesting bigotry.

tyramail likes this.
  3. Underoath18

I understand if he’s actively trying to get other people to be anti-gay, I certainly think that’s not right. But if that is his belief that only a man and a woman should be together, who’s to tell him he can’t think that way? That’s his own right.

4. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

dylan just wrote a great response to you. i don't care if his belief is that only a man and woman should be together, but actively funding organizations to strip the rights away from LGBTQIA+ is terrible in itself. it goes beyond his beliefs and his actions trying to oppress those who lack the funds to fight back.

dylan and tyramail like this.
  5. Aj LaGambina

Hey man, we all can't be like you Supporter

And on a more fundamental level, if a person's "beliefs" involve them actively disliking/belittling/disenfranchising a fellow human being for something that is A) not something they can control and B) not in even the slightest way harmful to other human beings, then that person is probably not someone to be financially supporting.

Arry likes this.
  6. Aj LaGambina

Hey man, we all can't be like you Supporter

And it's other people's right to tell him to kindly go fuck himself.

Arry and tyramail like this.
  7. somethingwitty

Trusted

I'm gay and have attended Coachella 3x...also, considering he owns AEG, if you really want to take a stance on this you'll decide to boycott all artists that have played shows under the AEG Presents banner, including:

Above & Beyond
    A Day To Remember
    Alkaline Trio
    All Time Low
    Alt-J
    Andrew McMahon
    A Perfect Circle
    Arcade Fire
    Asking Alexandria
    August Burns Red
    AWOLNATION
    Bassnectar
    Big Gigantic
    Billy Joel
    Blessthefall
    Bon Over
    Bowling for Soup
    Bruno Mars
    Bouncing Souls
    Carly Rae Jepsen
    Celine Dion
    ...and the list goes on (719 artists)

Essentially if you live in the western US you cant avoid supporting AEG if you enjoy going to see live shows