Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cloverfield Movie • Page 18

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by screamoutmyname, Apr 5, 2016.

1. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

i will say though that i wish there was a bit more care and thought considered when doing this cloverfield universe thing. it had/has the making of one of the more fun, and surprising franchises of our generation... but alas, it's all just a bit too clunky.

like in that video posted above, holy balls would i lose my shit if JJ somehow connected the Darhma initiative and lost within this universe too. (but we know they didnt put THAT much thought into any of this)

*the first 2 cloverfield movies are fantastic btw.... and i though paradox was fine

Aaron Mook and mescalineeyes like this.
  2. mescalineeyes

ASHAMED (OF BEING BORN) Prestigious

yeah I also largely enjoyed the movie. I mean it's no 'Lane, but there's way worse ways to spend 90 minutes. Great cast, too.

Cameron likes this.
  3. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Just finished watching this. A very interesting concept but for some reason it wasn't really executed properly. I think the character-building was overall flawed, and there was a mixture of really good scenes and some that seemed jumbled together. The ending though. It was so good for a split second I forgot how mediocre much of the rest of the movie was. But yeah, overall it wasn't a bad movie, but definitely a big step down from the previous cloverfield movies.

4. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

Paradox is extremely flawed is an obvious "Let's make this a Cloverfield movie after the fact," but I enjoyed it for the most part.
    My rankings would be
    1. Lane
    2. Cloverfield
    3. Paradox
    Really excited for Cloverfield 4 aka "Overlord" this October.

5. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

really, really enjoyed this. granted, most sci-fi / exploration films get a thumbs up from me, but this was entertaining from start to finish. i didn't know what was going to happen next and there was a lot of variety with what was going on / who was good / what has happening back and forth between Earth and the station. good stuff. great cast. loved the ending. excited for whatever comes next.

6. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Just rewatched Cloverfield for the first time since 2008 and God damn it still holds up.

Oskarr, chewbacca110 and airik625 like this.
  7. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

It was nice to see Zhang Ziyi in something again

Garrett L. likes this.
  8. Buddy went to an advanced screening of Overlord (next 'installment') and said there was no direct connections in the screening.

So it'll probably be like the last two films, any connection (title/CGI monster) will be added in after if there is any.

9. Lucas27

Trusted

So late, but I finally watched 10 Cloverfield Lane last week with very little knowledge about the plot (which is rare) and I absolutely loved it. Like, everything about it. It had that classic Hitchcockian thriller feel to it where the plot was simple but the tension throughout was freaking brilliant. Also, John Goodman scared the crap out of me and I don't know why his character didn't get more recognition as a villain.

RyanPm40 and Cameron like this.
  10. manoverboard365

Trusted

Did they like it?

11. chelsealouanne

Regular

Ironic I'm just discovering this thread because I watched 10 Cloverfield Lane the other night, and wasn't super into it until halfway through or more.

When John Goodman popped up in his first appearance in the film, no joke, my sister, mom, and myself all curated out laughing at once. Was not expecting to see John Goodman as the villain. He got creepy as time went on.

RyanPm40 and Lucas27 like this.
  12. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I wanted to like 10 Cloverfield Lane more than I did. It was alright, but still pretty forgettable, which sucks because I love MEW and John Goodman.

13. He said he thought it was better than Paradox and the original but not as good as 10CL.

Despite no connection in the current form of the film he thinks they’ll find a way to tie it into 10CL. I didn’t pester him too much since he signed an NDA and I didn’t want it spoiled

14. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

I think the original is by far the best. Wish they would have just made a direct sequel or prequel of that

15. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I love 10CL. One of my favorite movies if the past few years

16. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

100% agree. Loved 10CL, but the first movie and it's marketing left so much more to explore and it's definitely my favorite of the three.

manoverboard365 likes this.
  17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

10CL>>>

18. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

The ARG for the first one consumed me. It’s why what they’re doing currently bothers the piss out of me so much. There was soooooooo much backstory to draw from and build off of. But instead we got this crap.

10CL is still rad though.

Oskarr and RyanPm40 like this.
  19. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

So I'm watching Paradox right now....I still need to see 10CL, but that's another discussion.

So I'm only like 20 minutes in...are people calling the connections to CLoverfield "Shoehorned in" because of how overly obvious they are? Maybe it's just me but that's not bothering me at all haha. I love the obvious telegraphing of "this futuristic crew opened up a rip in the space-time continuum and that's how the monster got to Earth in the first movie" thing that it's giving off so far.

Garrett L. likes this.
  20. Some clarification. I am excited for Overlord, though. It sounds insane from what people are saying.

21. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I'm at the point where attaching Cloverfield to a movie is a huge negative, so that's good news. The only way I'll be okay with it is if they call it "Cloverlord"

22. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

"In fact they are working a dedicated Cloverfield sequel right now."

What does dedicated mean, exactly?

What does sequel mean, for that matter?

Fuck it, what does Cloverfield even mean in this context?

I'm very bitter.

23. "Developing" but also "coming to theaters very soon" ???

RyanPm40 likes this.
  24. I’d expect the ARG to start back up in the next week or so.

25. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Bold