Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cloud Nothings Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Sophos, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Sophos

Regular

because they're great and i wonder if they're gonna put out a new album this year

2. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I've lost a lot of enthusiasm for them over the last two albums (there are only 2 or 3 songs I like on Attack on Memory) but I have such a huge soft spot for their s/t. I know they won't go back to that, but it's great that I always can.

3. Sophos

Regular

attack on memory and here and nowhere else blow s/t out of the water imo. not sure which i like more out of those two though, they are both astoundingly excellent records

Joel likes this.
  4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Yeah I don't like anything before the s/t, love the last two and they got even better on the last by at least a step. Amazingly fun live band too. Love them a lot

5. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I definitely prefer the latter of those two. But as much as AoM let me down, "Stay Useless" and "Fall In" are just stupid good.

6. Sophos

Regular

those songs are so amazing haha, crazy catchy

7. cwhit

idk I think their p4k 2012 set was better!!!

8. cwhit

i forgot how good here and nowhere else was

9. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

I love their two newet records like nothing else, but I gotta be real here... Didn't You will forever be my favourite song by them and nothing will ever change that. I have such nostalgia for their early work which was all my most listened to stuff in high school. My life revolved around "Cant Stay Awake" for a solid year.

10. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Got a chance to see them this summer and I hope that works out

11. matthaber

ive literally only had bad experiences seeing them live, which makes me so sad. First time I saw them I was stupid and underage and so stoked on sneaking into a 19+ show that I got too drunk and threw up in the venue and had to leave 3 songs into the set. 2nd time there was an define armada of shirtless rocker bro's who were moshing so out of control I became unbelievably uncomfortable and couldnt enjoy myself. I await the day I dont have such shitty luck seeing them live.

12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Revisiting the Wavves X Cloud Nothings album, and it's so good.

13. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

didn't care much for it but can't wait for a new full length

14. cwhit

putting money that we get a new record next year

15. Jim

Trusted Supporter

my buddy saw them here Saturday and spoke to the bassist after the show. said the album was already recorded and to expect it "late this year/early next."

Cameron, tucah, kyle and 1 other person like this.
  16. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

oh thank god.

17. cwhit

bless!!!!!

18. cwhit

UHHHHH

19. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Don't tease me

20. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

fuck

21. matthaber

Hopefully they announce the album to come out in 2017, I don't think I can handle anymore album announcements for 2016.

22. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I just read an article from last month where they said the new album will be out this fall so idk

matthaber likes this.
  23. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Omg

24. Single on 10/12 and album on 10/14?

25. cwhit

I feel like it'll be February