Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cloud Nothings - The Black Hole Understands (7/3/20) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Pretty drunk right now, about to blast this and weird my parents out

waking season and I Am Mick like this.
  2. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I have to imagine it'll be on streaming in a week or so, but that $5 subscription is too good a deal to pass up. and it's not too hard to add it to spotify after you download.

but yeah, this is fantastic.

3. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

You could tell me this was their follow up to S/T and I wouldn’t doubt ya for a second.

Nick and waking season like this.
  4. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

This is so fucking great.

5. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I love LBB but it’s pretty crazy how much better this sounds. I really wasn’t expecting such a proper sounding full band album when it was announced as a “surprise album recorded in isolation”

Nick likes this.
  6. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Tbh I wasn’t expecting much from this given it was recorded in iso and spontaneousLay dropped, but the two tracks streaming on Bandcamp are so good that this was an immediate purchase. Looking forward to sitting down to digest the rest of it now.

Edit: first impressions - I absolutely love the drums and bass on this

Nick and waking season like this.
  7. username

hey you lil piss baby

I feel like there are a lot of artists making all their music at home and/or remotely. I’m not sure why anyone would take that as an indicator of quality.

8. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I mean Dylan said he recorded it on GarageBand using their built in amps, it’s surprising he was able to get this sound.

I was expecting a little “quarantine project”, not one of their better full lengths.

TheBaroness and waking season like this.
  9. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Garageband amps ftw tbh.

10. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

The bass on this is fucking unreal.

waking season likes this.
  11. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

At the very least you certainly don’t expect such good jammy parts when the band can’t even get in the same room together to play

Nick and I Am Mick like this.
  12. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

I decided to sub since it's such an interesting concept to get an EP every month. And the album sounded pretty good.

waking season likes this.
  13. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Same, $5 a month is worth it. Definitely going to snag a shirt

14. cherrywaves

Trusted

sounds very strenuous

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  15. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Lol. I don’t use a computer! Almost ever. I have a 10 year old laptop that takes 25 minutes to boot for emergencies...

Cameron and cherrywaves like this.
  16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Same. People always criticize people for saying how they don’t like to use Bandcamp cuz we already pay for Spotify/Apple. I don’t have a computer since it’s 2020, and I have a smart phone. Would love to pay for this, and help them. If it were for purchase on Spotify I would buy immediately. All my music is in one place that I already pay for.

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  17. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

this is so good. i love this side of them.

18. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, absolutely love Dylan in full bummer pop mode, this is amazing! A Silent Reaction is my current favorite

19. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

A Silent Reaction is hitting all the right notes now

also @irthesteve there is a thread for this album, that's why no one is talking about it in the other album thread.

20. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Getting some Pinback vibes on this

I'm into it

21. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

Honestly this thing gives me Beulah vibes. This is so good.

22. Jim

Trusted Supporter

I wonder if you can only get the vinyl if you join the subscription

23. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

ahhhh that explains it! No one posted a link in the old thread so I was there all by my lonesome!!

smowashere likes this.
  24. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

That does happen a lot lately now. Where I won’t know there’s even a new album coming out because someone makes a thread without posting it in the last album thread.

irthesteve likes this.
  25. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I've always thought it would be a cool feature to have a single thread called "New Threads" or whatever, and every time a new album thread is created a link is posted in "New Threads." That way, all you have to do is subscribe to the one thread and you can keep track of all new album threads made