Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cloud Nothings - Last Building Burning (October 18, 2018) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, Aug 13, 2018.

1. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I still don’t know what my favorite is on HaNE or this one, but we def agree on AoM and LWS.

yung_ting likes this.
  2. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

So Right So Clean is def my fav on the new album. Dissolution also GOAT

nohandstoholdonto and I Am Mick like this.
  3. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

The more I listen, the more I firmly agree with this take.

sean_rugy and nohandstoholdonto like this.
  4. nohandstoholdonto

The Echo of the World and Dissolution are the front-runners for me, but I honestly don’t think there’s a wrong answer here.
    *high five*

Cameron likes this.
  5. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Another Way of a Life and So Right, So Clean are my favorites

6. adeadgod

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I Am Rooftop
    Forget You All the Time
    No Future/No Past
    Psychic Trauma
    Sight Unseen
    Offer An End

Definitely hard to pick a favorite off the new one

7. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Late to the party on this one, but I like it a lot. It feels like he finally figured out how to incorporate the dark/difficult parts of Attack on Memory that I found so tireseome into his signature pop instincts. It's a great blend.

8. nohandstoholdonto

Tho we have different takes on Attack on Memory, I was actually very curious to see how you’d respond to this record and I’m very glad you like it.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  9. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I agree completely. I like his noisier tracks but they tend to be my least favorites on each respective album. I love Life Without Sound for example but the last two tracks don’t do too much for me.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  10. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

The only songs that worked on that record for me were the ones where the hooks shined ("Stay Useless" and "Fall In" particularly). On this one, the hooks are all still there even when he's dark and gruff and that's exactly the step I wanted from them.

I still think I hold Life Without Sound as their strongest top-to-bottom record, but yeah I can see that.

waking season likes this.
  11. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I really love the last two tracks on this, I find myself playing Another Way of Life on repeat quite a bit

12. I almost posted in here last night before the gig about how good this album is and that I hoped they just played the whole thing. And they did!

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  13. nohandstoholdonto

:o

14. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Bummed I didn’t go, but I’ve been to so many shows this week and a drive to the east side when I knew they’d play super late wasn’t ideal :/

15. I came pretty close to bailing. I did Yowler at Mahall's on Thursday and went down to catch He Is Legend at Musica on Friday since they were kind of a late addition to that Emery tour and I love them. Did you go to the Sonder Bombs release celebration Friday? If so, how was that?

16. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I actually went to Detroit for Menzingers Friday haha and then tonight I saw Streetlight so it was just a packed weekend

gonz (Alex) likes this.
  17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I would looooove to hear Dissolution live

18. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

shit i keep forgetting about this one haha

19. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

definitely dont really like the opener on this

20. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I love it. I wish the production was better on it but it’s killer

21. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I don't really like where his vocals have gone over the years, he really sounds trashed/drunk/tired/something for the most of this album

22. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

So Right, So Clean is one of the best songs he’s written

gonz (Alex) likes this.
  23. Dissolution into that feels like a major highlight in a young but fairly prolific at this point career

waking season and Drewski like this.
  24. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Agreed.

25. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Super excited to hear this whole album live tonight, one of my favorites from this year for sure.