Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cloud Nothings - Last Building Burning (October 18, 2018) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, Aug 13, 2018.

1. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I’ve been seeing a lot of negativity towards Dissolution on some other corners of the internet and I just wanna say I find that absolutely bizarre. It’s an easy highlight for me.

Also, the more I listen to this album the more confident I feel in my “this is probably their best album” take.

sophos34, Cameron and TheBaroness like this.
  2. Jim

Trusted Supporter

dissolution fucking slaps

3. I am fully prepared to lose my mind during Dissolution should they play it next month at my gig

4. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

only chumps would complain about Dissolution

5. Jim

Trusted Supporter

^ that is the correct answer

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  6. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

See you there

7. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I've been listening to this pretty constantly since Friday and I love it, but my only complaint is the production. I know they purposely wanted to do it quick and dirty (did the whole thing in 8 days) but these songs would hit so much harder with a little more production behind them. There's just a lot of thin moments.

Album is gona fucking destroy live though

8. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

every time they put out a new album im convinced its their best album for the first few months, and in reality every album probably is better than the last, but i always go back to attack on memory as the one. but, its a testament to how strong all the following albums have been that i think its easily comparable because attack on memory was a fucking revelation for me in 2012

9. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I think Here and Nowhere Else is it for me but I love their last four. The guitar tones on Life Without Sound are perfect.

10. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

This shit just fucking rips. Been on repeat since Friday.

I think the very subtle dichotomy of this band is what makes them so damn great. The ability to craft these super dense but patient builds of sound and fury (Wasted Days, Dissolution, Pattern Walks) in tandem with shorter bursts of brilliant, more straightforward rock, almost even pop (Fall In, Cut You, I'm Not Part of Me, Leave Him Now) is just incredible.

I don't know what album I'd pick as my favorite. I'm Not Part of Me is probably my favorite song by them though.

waking season and sophos34 like this.
  11. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

im not part of me, up to the surface, wasted days, no future/no past in that order

Contender, primavera and Drewski like this.
  12. nohandstoholdonto

Cut You and Wasted Days are my absolute favs.

waking season, sophos34 and Drewski like this.
  13. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Wasn't sure if that was a hot take on my part. What a truly perfect song I'm Not Part of Me is.

Cut You is top 5 for me, maybe even top 3.

14. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Wasted Days is so good yes

15. nohandstoholdonto

I’ve listened to Cut You several times a day for the past like week or so.

I also really love this acoustic performance of it and wanted to give it a mention here:

dadbolt, Drewski, adeadgod and 2 others like this.
  16. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

hes such a brilliant yet simple writer

17. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Our Plans is an underrated gem. It’s my favorite one Attack on Memory with Fall In a close second.

18. nohandstoholdonto

I only want to listen to this band lately

19. nohandstoholdonto

made a meme

Attached Files:

20. username

hey you lil piss baby

I need to listen to this again. I think it’s waaaaay better than the last one (good record just not my preferred mode for them) but still didn’t strike me like the two before that.

21. nohandstoholdonto

I used to think Life Without Sound was something of a departure for them, but I don’t really feel that way lately, the more I listen through their discography. The differences in it are too subtle— slightly slower average tempo, and slightly more polished production— but that’s about it imo.

This band’s discography is so consistent that the gap between my favorite and my least favorite of their last four is pretty small. I think currently Here and Nowhere Else is my least favorite, but even then I struggle to make that decision bc it’s still so fucking good lol. It probably sounds dumb, but I just can’t help but wish it had lead guitar on it.

22. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

forgot this came out, maybe i’ll check it tomorrow

23. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Man these dudes rip live it’s always so fun

24. As much as I liked Life Without Sound it really didn't fit the 'oh god everything's fucked' mood of January 2017. Could have done with sitting on it til summer.

25. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

since I missed the favorite songs by album thing

Forget You All the Time
    Cut You
    I'm Not Part of Me
    Modern Act
    Leave Him Now (but that one will probably change)