Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Clothing/Shoes/Fashion Thread • Page 7

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I have two pairs of Converse Chuck Taylors (one black, the other the new updated version in maroon), four pairs of dressier but still casual shoes (a dark gray speckle, maroon with navy soles, black with blue soles, light blue with tan soles), a pair of black boots, black and white Nikes, and blue and white striped vans.

2. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

this thread is blowing my mind rn

i have these

[​IMG]

maybe i should buy more shoes

St. Nate likes this.
  3. Honestly think that shoes are the most important part of an outfit, insofar as they can make the biggest difference. Like bad shoes can ruin an otherwise good outfit, and good shoes can really improve an average outfit. If I were starting to buy new clothes I'd probably start with shoes.

4. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Two pairs of black dress shoes, pair of brown, black chukkas, dark brown chukkas, light brown chukkas, black sperry's, navy sperry's, grey tom's, leather flip flops, white tennis (like the actual sport), grey running shoes, a pair of adidas i wear to the gym, and two pair of nikes that i work out/every day use in.

The majority of these shoes were bought for work or working out, really. When I worked at the law firm and B&BW, we had footwear requirements.

5. I want some chukkas too. :worried:

6. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

I think Garrett has some extras...

7. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Chukkas can def be dressed up or dressed down.

Garrett L. likes this.
  8. Garrett

There's a huge outlet mall near here. Pretty much the only reason I have half the clothes I have. If you've got one near you, try to see if you can figure out when the next big sale will be (my guess is Memorial Day Weekend) and see what you can find. I got a pair of Kenneth Cole for like $25.

9. Brown chukkas are the single best thing you can buy imo, they go equally well with jeans and chinos. Like @AelNire said they're super versatile.

Garrett L. likes this.
  10. Garrett

When I lived in Italy, I bought a pair of leather boots and I wore them so much the sole fell off. Still looking for an adequate replacement.

11. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I have like 4 boots I keep in heavy rotation and 2 pairs of sneakers I wear in summer. I have lots of other shoes I never wear tho. I keep shoes until there are holes in the soles and only throw them out when it's more painful to walk in them than it would be to walk barefoot. My fave pair of black boots are being held together by Shoe Goo currently.

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

I have about 8-10 pairs that I wear around the year. Most recent pairs I bought are these beauts for casual:

[​IMG]
    And these for more smart looks/a wedding this weekend:

[​IMG]

13. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

I often wonder how people will perceive me when I am 50 and still wearing skinny jeans?

AndrewSoup likes this.
  14. Kiana

I think Carly Rae Jepsen is going to be my next style icon. Her style is so cute and comfy and effortless.

15. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Mine for now is Chrissy Teigen. Even her maternity outfits are so cute. I have a little bit of a girl crush on her so that could be part of it, too lol

16. Kiana

ugh google and pinterest mostly has CRJ stuff from her earlier eras and I didn't like her style back then so boo! I was watching music videos from Emotion and she was styled so cute in all of them. Taylor Swift used to be my style icon back in the Speak Now/Red days but now I don't like her current fashion at all so I need a new inspiration.

17. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

One Direction and Ashlyn Harris from the US women's soccer team are my style icons.

18. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

This shirt is 80 fucking dollars lol

[​IMG]

I'll damage your tshirts for 10 dollars.

19. I just bought some white low top chucks - first pair of chucks since I was 18

20. Kiana

It's hard finding jeans for work that don't have holes in them

21. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I love rompers but I refuse to wear them. I'm not trying to get completely undressed everytime I use the restroom.

22. Kiana

Maybe I'll steal Cara Delevingne's style. We already dress fairly similarly, except she has cuter jackets and wears sneakers

This is how I've spent my night - googling other people's style to steal lol

23. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

24. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Steal Her Style | Celebrity Fashion Identified you know of this website? i remember looking at Sierra Kay's (Sierra Kusterbeck) and Hayley Williams' hairstyles years ago on this lol

really? most jeans i come across don't have holes haha

25. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I usually wear simple clothes but throw some glitter on something and I'll wear it.

Jason Tate likes this.