Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Clothing/Shoes/Fashion Thread • Page 62

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 10, 2016.

1. prettyvisitors

Hey it would be cool if anyone wanted to check out this Lookbook I made and even my previous one my channel!

2. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

fuuuuuuuck the Coach Outlet is having a 50% off with an additional 50% off sale

3. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

I haven't bought any new clothes in ages and it feels like I don't even know where to look anymore.

4. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I accidentally bought a front clasp bra and despite wearing it a good few times now I always forget how to clasp it back up and it took me like 10 minutes today :tear:

lish likes this.
  5. Dog with a Blog

I’m not ready to get upset just yet, as I haven’t done a proper search, but I seem to have misplaced my Raybans

6. lish

Someone find me the coziest office-appropriate blanket-like cardigan that doesn't cost a billion dollars please.

I'm cold.

7. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

One of my female friends who's a tiny bit on the plus side is looking for like "in" and "youthful" clothing? Any tips?

8. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Those new NBA Chucks are too expensive but damn I want a pair

9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

lol this is amazing

10. lish

Have her check Sarah Rae Vargas on YouTube.

11. Kiana

I know the grass is always greeener, but sometimes my chest rly gets in the way of making clothes look better. It can make me look wide and frumpy sometimes. I especially love the oversized shirt/sweater look and I think it looks way better on my sister who is tall and has a smaller chest idk idk! I know it works both ways but I'm gonna whine for a sec anyway.

12. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

when i want to wear something oversized, i wear a sports bra or a bralette so im not so chesty. but i understand what you mean. i dont wear too many tshirts cause i feel like they look really weird on me . but if i do i get them oversized on purpose so my boobs aren't as prominent i guess. it probably looks shit.

13. Kiana

I have def started wearing bralettes under sweaters and I think it helps!

thesoftskeleton likes this.
  14. Kiana

I ordered a skirt off poshmark and it may be my first dud sale. The day after they put it up for sale they marked it down for an hour. Usually this means they really wanna get rid of it and it was cheap enough for me. They haven't shipped it tho which is weird. Usually ppl ship same or next day. I'm thinking they're not gonna ship it and poshmark will cancel the order. Rly weird tho. Bummed cause I wanted to wear it this weekend!

15. Kiana

Ok I need help. Ive had two people sew the button back on my coat but the buttons are heavy so it starts to dangle off. Is there a more heavy duty technique here??? I do not know how to sew like remotely but I have determination and pizazz

16. mr_november

Trusted Supporter

I'd just follow this video guide.

I usually sew an X anchor point and then just follow the same steps they show in that video and I've never had a button come off after doing it that way.

Kiana likes this.
  17. Dog with a Blog

No joke I used this exact video a few months ago. Saved my day!

Kiana likes this.
  18. lish

I bought a chunky cardigan at Old Navy on Saturday but the motherfucker has a giant hole in it already.

I'm mad.

19. Jams

Trusted

Why don't I ever learn my damn lesson??? I know if I buy band merch it has to be either women's sizing or if it's men's possibly an XS. Otherwise they are gigantic on me and look horrible. So what did I do last night? Bought 2 men's shirts in a small bc they had no women's shirts and no XS. Whyyyy???:redanger:I hate myself lol Both shirts are too big. One I think I can make work but the other is like 3 sizes too big. I'm trying to shrink them so fingers crossed it works lol

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  20. lish

make pillows :o

Jams and St. Nate like this.
  21. Jams

Trusted

This is a great idea thank you!! If it doesn't shrink I'm totally gonna do that. I was just gonna wear it as a bed shirt but it's so cute and I didn't really want to do that. But it would make a super cute pillow!

lish likes this.
  22. Dog with a Blog Oct 16, 2017
    (Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2017)
    Dog with a Blog

When I went to the As Cities Burn reunion show I got a small and when I got home I realized the dude gave me a medium, which just does not work. Eventually they had a super sale online and the shirt I bought was only $5 so I purchased both the small and the x/s and the latter fits me so much better. At the Father John Misty show I went to the other day I bought an x/s and even that is a little big, at least, for x/s. I dunno why these tees are always so big. I like my clothes to be form fitting

Jams likes this.
  23. Kiana

I've started wearing my big shirts with skirts and tucking them in the skirt/rolling up the sleeves, or tying the shirt off and pairing it with higher waisted jeans to make it smaller. I feel like it makes my big shirt look intentional and like a Look instead of me just being dumb and getting the wrong size lol

Jams likes this.
  24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I've only had the opposite happen a couple times where I think I accidentally got woman's sized shirts because the sleeves were shorter and tight so I just didn't wear them

25. Jams

Trusted

I have like 15 shirts just hanging out in my closet bc they all look big on me bc like I said: never learn my lesson lol. Plus preorders come with shirts a lot of times and even though I order XS and it's "unisex" the shirt still is huge and down to my knees!! I'll have to try them on with something other than jeans and try to make it work or I'm just gonna cover my entire bed in band shirt pillows lol My mom can sew so maybe I can convince her to try and make some cropped T's? Idk if that'll look good but they are just sitting in my closet so worth a shot.