Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Clothing/Shoes/Fashion Thread • Page 61

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 10, 2016.

1. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I always have conflicted feelings over the underweight thing. Like I get it but it seems trickier than that

coleslawed and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Yeah totally some people are naturally skinny

4. Kiana

Yeah I haven't read the link but like some ppl do have eating disorders too and instead of just losing out on jobs idk it'd be nice to see more things put in place to help with the root of that

coleslawed likes this.
  5. lish

So like I have to buy a bunch of business clothes and I'm still fairly plus sized. Like a 14/16/18.

Where go what do

Dresses and sweaters and stuff.

I don't have a bunch of money to play with.

6. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

You should totally try target. the plus stuff always be looking cute and im sure you can find some snags on clearance there. i dont know from experience but just a thought! also im a big advocate for dresses when you're on a budget. you pay for one article of clothing for a whole outfit basically. don't have to put pants/skirts/shirt/separates/etc to put an outfit all together.

7. mr_november

Trusted Supporter

Ordered a suit from suitsupply for a wedding Im attending in a couple weeks. Excited to see how it fits, probably gonna hit up a tailor to make some minor changes.

8. lish

I love Target clearance! I definitely will be leaning more toward dresses, too. I have a few, but not enough to feel comfortable with considering my wardrobe fairly professional. My current office is pretty casual, so it doesn't really matter much what I wear.

9. Jams

Trusted

Active wear is way too damn expensive and now I'm irritated bc I spent more than I wanted to. I had to go to like 6 stores to finally find everything I wanted bc I refuse to spend $20 on 1 shirt just to wear and sweat all over it when I jog lol

10. Kiana

I love poshmark. Got a few things for super cheap and its already gonna be delivered Thursday. It makes it hard to buy full priced clothing now! They're having a plus size party rn if anyone needs anything!!

lish and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  11. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

MY BRIDESMAID DRESS HAS A BUILT IN BRA THANK GOD HALLELUJAH.

St. Nate and Kiana like this.
  12. Kiana

OK I have a problem. Bought these adorable Betsy Johnson boots on poshmark because I need a new pair of black combat boots and omg they have the cutest purple zipper and I fell in love. The seller offered me a discount so they were $35 and I was like aw shoot bye $. Now I'm not gonna open the app for like a month lol. At least I needed a pair and was gonna get a pair eventually so its not a total impulse buy!! ... I tell myself as I cry over my bank account

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

my sister swears by them

14. Kiana

I've gotten my fave clothes from there. I like that u have to approve the items before they get their money so it cuts down scamming. I am bummed since they raised their shipping price but oh well. Still ends up cheaper than buying at the stores.

15. mr_november

Trusted Supporter

I need to get better at not impulse buying things just because they are on sale.

coleslawed likes this.
  16. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I almost impulse bought a members only jacket the other day but I remembered that they are to slim for me.

I got sad.

17. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

I can literally shop anywhere its truly a problem.

18. Kiana

There are like 5 lularoe or whatever tents up and my friends wanted to check them out and I'm sry but my stance remains. I liked a few Amelia dresses but lol @ them thinking I'll pay $65 for one. Not in this lifetime. The sales ppl kept trying it like "oh that shirt ur wearing would look amazing with leggings" ...or I could just wear it with a skirt and tights like I'm doing now. idk I just prefer tights. I find them more flattering on me and they look sleeker. A coworker was once like "You don't care for leggings? What are you wearing now?" TIGHTS. There is a difference lol!!!

lish likes this.
  19. lish

Dude fuck LLR. The consultants that are left are terrible and the company is about to declare bankruptcy because of shitty business practices.

Don't support them.

Kiana likes this.
  20. Kiana

Yas I live for this. I just disliked them cause I think a lot of their stuff is tacky and overpriced but that's a legit reason. Ppl scoff at me like how dare u not support these consultants for all these different companies cause you're helping your friends and not a big box store blah blah but tbh I find so many of these companies sketch af and the consultants too pushy. I saw like 2 dresses I'd consider and I legit laughed out loud when i saw the price.

Now poshmark on the other hand!! I just received my package today and it was so lovely. The seller included a free headband and had put some thought into the packaging, as well as fast shipping. I bought an asos skirt and an a&f (lol but its cute I swear!!) Cardigan + that free headband for less than $25 which is less than half the price of one lularoe dress I liked.

21. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I can't stop thinking about those Kylie Jenner x Biggie shirts, ever since they pulled them I want one so bad lmao

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  22. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

never been to poshmark but you had me at "plus size party"

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  23. Kiana

Yeah its nice cause u can browse for whatever u want, but when there's a party ppl can post and showcase the items they're selling that fit the party theme which makes it easier to find specific things, and often the sellers discount items for it. They have plus size parties, kids clothes parties, high end brand parties, jeans parties, etc. Only sucky part is they are at specific times so if ur working or something at that time they're easy to miss.

supernovagirl likes this.
  24. Dog with a Blog

Lmao. I don't know what this was until this comment and HOLY SHIT. need. Haha

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  25. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

It's not just the Biggie one, all of them are so weird haha