Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Clothing/Shoes/Fashion Thread • Page 51

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 10, 2016.

1. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

I really need some advice here, so. I'm 29 years old and still dress like I'm headed to a 1999 Blink-182 concert. I'm also that dude who you see wearing a hoodie and shorts when there's a couple of inches of snow on the ground.

The main thing about my wardrobe that I'd like to change is the fact I wear long Volcom shorts and have for years, so I'd actually like to start wearing, ya know, pants? The problem is I've tried this in the past and jeans are about the most uncomfortable thing I could ever imagine touching my skin. The closest pants I could find that were comfortable were something out of Express, but that store is just a bit too pricey for me plus they were a little too "skinny" and kinda stiff feeling for my tastes.

I'd like to find some sort of pants made out of a material that's actually comfortable (I can be picky, I'm sorry), and not too baggy and not too skinny - I want them to look "fitted" I guess is the best way of putting it.

So any recommendations? :teethsmile:

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

American Eagle and Old Navy both have comfortable pants

crunchprank likes this.
  3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Omg I ordered a bathing suit top online and it arrived today with a full size bottle of hair product! It wasn't even advertised! They sure know how to win me over

lish likes this.
  4. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Have you ever tried Volcom's chinos or 4 way stretch pants? Those are amazing. I'm also really into this brand called Kennedy Denim. Every bottom they make is soooo comfortable.

coleslawed likes this.
  5. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

I ended up ordering both a pair of Keds (hearts all over them!) and a pair of Vans (espresso brown). 6pm.com is dangerous as fuck.

Should be getting them soon, maybe?

coleslawed likes this.
  6. Kiana

I think red carpet fashion has given me unrealistic expectations of how high my boobs should sit.........

Just thought y'all should know

7. lish

The thought of my boobs sitting up higher is highly amusing to me.

8. I read the last two posts as "boots" and sat here a few minutes going: am i wearing my boots wrong?

Not my best moment.

9. lish

...this is also highly amusing

10. Kiana

Boobs are always taped up so high with celebs that my perspective is skewed! Idk what is real anymore! I tried on my new bathing suit top and was like... oh :-/

Lol

11. lish

Mine legit hang down and touch my stomach when I'm not wearing a structured bra. It's fun. They're basically flat pancakes. At least you don't have that problem! :D :crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

12. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

I have not! Thanks for the recommendations! I also feel quite embarrassed because I had seen the term "chinos" before and only thought it was a fake brand in Grand Theft Auto V...

But yeah, will be browsing through their stuff today. Volcom, quality wise, has always surpassed my expectations. I love them.

13. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I've worked in retail for like 10 years. Mainly dealing with clothes. And it wasn't until like year 6 I figured out what chinos were!

14. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I'll second the Volcom stretch jeans rec. although they may feel too skinny, and can be pricey. but Zumiez always has some sort of sales going on.

15. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Just picked up some Dr. Scholl's dress shoes for work yesterday. Built in gel padding. Holy fuck, feels like I'm walking on air.

16. mr_november

Trusted Supporter

I really wish I could find a pair of these in my size.

[​IMG]

17. Kiana

I wore a random coat today and was not feeling it and I changed it just now and #GameChanger cause now it went from clothes to like a LOOK

18. Iain

Regular

Not wore vans since the classic checkered slip ons were all the rage. However, did decide to purchase the below. Trying to get the brown part at the back was pretty hard to get in my size for some reason!!!

[​IMG]

19. lish

Forever 21 got me yesterday. Couple of tunics for like $5

20. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

[​IMG]
    Been on these for a minute - the "pro" upgrade feels a good bit better, as someone who has worn a lot of vans.

josephcissell, coleslawed and lish like this.
  21. Kiana Mar 21, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 21, 2017)
    Kiana

edit: I'm onnnnnn it. Now I'm on an athletic clothes buying spree!!

22. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Been talking Bridesmaid shit for an hour and BFF describes her wedding as "southern chic". What in tarnation does that even mean?

[​IMG]

Found this on google but it doesn't look any different than most weddings to me?

Southern Chic Weddings and Events

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  23. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

More importantly, what kinda of choreography do you do for a southern chic wedding?

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  24. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

A line dancing mashup I'd assume. God please no tho.

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

classy overalls