Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Clothing/Shoes/Fashion Thread • Page 5

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 10, 2016.

1. I'm this way about "dressing up" — I really love to do it, because probably I absolutely never have to and have no occasion to do it. So my oxfords sit and cry. Haha.

Garrett L. likes this.
  2. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

May actually be this year. Friends of mine are having a kid and I'm an honorary uncle. They live in Bend, but I'd have to fly to Portland.

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. Garrett

Yeah, and when you do get a chance, do you find yourself suddenly more dressed than everyone else? Because here's a picture of me with Dad on Tuesday and he was the second most dressed there.

iplaydrums likes this.
  4. Haha, yep. I think we just have helpful faces. But what I don't get is why no one waits until I take the headphones out to ask the question, they're ALWAYS like waving something, I start to take the headphones out, and they're 1/2 through the question by the time I get the thing paused and out of my ears ... then I'm the asshole looking at them like, "no idea what you just said" and have to ask them to repeat it.

Oh, Starbucks is what you want?
    Yeah, literally every corner of ever street ever.

schlotty likes this.
  5. Oh man! You can totally see the resemblance though (and similar glasses style with the frames / open bottom)! Also, great watch and tie game! I have a very similar tie in purple that I never get to wear.

6. Garrett

It's funny how many people say that because neither of us see it. (He thinks I look more like my mom. His new wife says I'm the perfect blend of both.) He instilled in me the ethic of "pay for something that is more expensive and will last longer to save yourself the time down the road." He rolled his eyes when I picked these glasses out (my first pair, haven't had them a year yet) because they were Armani, but then they were cheaper than his. Thanks! I got that tie at Express using rewards points, so it took it from $60 to $8. That's one of my four fossil watches... three of which I need to get fixed.

7. This is incredible.

8. Yeah, I totally feel the same way. My mom taught me to buy only a few things, but make sure you really want it or need it, and then get the best that's in your budget for that thing. And that's something I've tried to live by once I got older and I guess, godhelpmeicanthidefromit, adult. I don't buy much, but if I do buy something, I want to get something that will last, and that I'm proud of, and that is of quality. Then use it for a very long time until it basically can't be used anymore, instead of spending a lot on the new cool thing or things you need to repurchase every 9 months.

Garrett L. likes this.
  9. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

There are 20+ dunkin donuts within 5 moles of my house in farmland ct

10. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I know of maybe one Dunkin Donuts

11. I'm pretty sure as a rule you're always within walking distance of at least one Dunkins while in New England

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I'm starting to think you're Harry Styles irl

13. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Sometimes I wish I could wear them but I'm kinda modest/shy and crop tops are too ~daring for me, even tho like everyone wears them

So you are Harry. Wear headscarfs! That was his best era hair-wise. Well it's debatable that his Best Song Ever hair might be his best hair but I think it was the headscarf era.

Jason Tate likes this.
  14. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I fucking love ties. Need to start finding more excuses to wear them

Jason Tate and Garrett L. like this.
  15. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

Yay! Great clothing company, I have pretty much all of their stuff and that 'Sad Songs' tee in about three different styles. Also got some great pins and patches from them. Will post in here later.

16. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i need to improve my already low sense of fashion by buying some new shoes. basically all the main shoes i wear are adidas skate shoes (since i've worked there so long and gotten bunches of free pairs)
    but fancy shoes/boots are expensive and i'm incredibly cheap....

17. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Splurge on a nice pair and they will last you for a long time. That's what I do anyway.

Garrett L. and AndrewSoup like this.
  18. AndrewSoup

tru.

Also, wearing my fake leather jacket always makes me feel fancy/fake badass

19. I back this 100%.

Garrett L. and AelNire like this.
  20. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

I will become the fashion guru for this site
    Step 1: wear your v necks as long as they aren't deep vs. good chest hair is good.
    Step 2: wear nice clothes whenever you want you don't need an occasion. If you wanna rock an Oxford or a tie do it
    Step 3: buy black timbs, they are durable and look good with basically anything

21. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

i buy converse or vans (bc i'm a nerd) and wear them until my parents start commenting on the holes in them

rinse/repeat

22. AndrewSoup

i should count how many pairs of adidas i have. i cycle between like 3 skate pairs and 3 pairs of boost for every day wear
    and i have a pair of those Andy Warhol Campbell Soup Chuck Taylor's that i break out on special occasions

23. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I really want a pair of the FlyKnit Nikes but money doesn't grow on trees

Jason Tate likes this.
  24. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

A nice pair of boots is life changing

Jason Tate and iplaydrums like this.
  25. AndrewSoup

only 13 pairs, actually.