Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Clothing/Shoes/Fashion Thread • Page 2

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I do skinny jeans (just found the perfect pair of brown skinny jeans at H&M) and usually some type of t-shirt (band shirt, solid, pop culture tee). I layer with sweaters, hoodies, varsity jackets, or a collared shirt/flannel

2. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I never know what kind of shorts to buy. So I don't own any

3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

tbh I've never considered chukkas boots. I feel like they just miss the cutoff.

ChaseTx likes this.
  4. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I need to buy more chinos.

Also shoes: chukkas, casual sneakers, as well as sneakers for the gym, and volleyball which I'm looking at Kobe VIIIs for.

5. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

I just wear jeans or khaki chinos i guess they are with a tshirt or hoodie or sweatshirt or whatever. I hate wearing shorts in the summer I don't know what are good shorts so I wear pants too often

6. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I feel like there's a pun there. They're too low cut. They miss the cutoff. Ha.

7. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

I literally wear t shirts and jeans every single day I'm the worst

8. Meerkat

I hate wearing shorts because I can't find a length that I'm comfortable with and that I feel look good. Short shorts look the best but I'm not comfortable in them

Wharf Rat likes this.
  9. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Not when it's 95 degrees and I am going to be exerting myself though

10. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I tried on a pair of the ones that are so short you can see the pockets hanging halfway out at A&F and we were literally laughing our asses off. It's so ridiculous.

ChaseTx likes this.
  11. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

a lot of missed pun opportunities in this thread

Wharf Rat likes this.
  12. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I think I'm better suited to skirts than shorts but I think shorts are more comfortable so idk. I am a bit bow-legged and I feel like boots disguise that better but I don't like wearing boots with shorts. Basically I hate summer clothing. Fall/winter has the best styles and colors of clothing.

AelNire and iplaydrums like this.
  13. Meerkat

@Kiana Truer words have never been spoken

14. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

i leaned into my role as boho mom and bought a couple maxi skirts last summer. tbh they kinda look goofy but they are so damn comfortable.

15. Meerkat

kaylasananjou likes this.
  16. St. Nate

My aesthetic is cool Asian but not swag Asian.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  17. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

buying black timbs this winter was the best decision i have ever made. being tall and kinda skinny makes my life hell. no shirts fit me right that i can afford. no pants either. still look fly as fuck daily tho

schlotty likes this.
  18. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I really wish I could wear this Calvin Klein trench. I'm too damn short. I can't wear maxi dresses unless I get them tailored and it's so annoying.

[​IMG]

EDIT: I saw a ton of models wearing gouchos at NYFW so I'm crossing my fingers that they become cool again.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  19. Meerkat

Trying to pick out my outfit for tonight. Might go monochrome.

20. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

You can't go wrong with monochrome. teheehee

iplaydrums likes this.
  21. Meerkat

I also might go even simpler and do a white tee, either dark jeans or black jeans, and my boots. Or maybe my maroon converse. So many options. Ugh.

22. St. Nate

I have a friend's birthday thing in the city tonight and I really got nothing cool to wear. I need to do some shopping like really really badly.

23. Meerkat

Not sure what the weather is like for you guys, but can't go wrong with a leather jacket when you're going into the city. Automatically makes jeans+t-shirt combo look slick.

24. St. Nate

I've been meaning to buy a leather jacket. Maybe next year.

I like the city, but part of what frustrates me is dressing up too much or too little and some places that have dress codes and not being able to wear certain shoes, and pants but not jeans, and blah blah blah.

25. Meerkat

LA is bad with that as well. I stopped trying to go out to a lot of the places because I've gotten turned down for wearing pants. I would adhere to the men's dress code but they wouldn't care.