Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Clothing/Shoes/Fashion Thread • Page 138

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 10, 2016.

1. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

2. Carmen SD

Trusted

I have a very simple taste in clothing. I don’t feel right in overly “girly” clothing. Not only that but I don’t think it looks good on me, like I don’t have the features to look good. I feel out of place. Womens clothing is nothing but low cut tops, cropped top, no sleeves, or something that shows the back or more shoulder etc. I like to be more covered. But there’s nothing “cute” or comfortable that fits. I also have an odd shaped face that it’s so hard to find a pair of sunglasses that look good. I also don’t really like to wear jeans (not anymore at least), it’s hard to find a somewhat decent looking pair of pants with soft material that isn’t expensive. I don’t want to wear yoga pants or sweats all the time because I feel like it makes me look poor (even tho I am. I did find a couple at Marshall’s, but I didn’t really want to spend the money on it. I did find a cute straw bucket hat that I felt like looked good on me, but felt it was a little pricey. Maybe next time

Kiana likes this.
  3. biem

I had such taste for a pretty long time. However, now I think that a woman need to be a woman, not a teenager.

4. Campy Aug 17, 2022
    (Last edited: Aug 18, 2022)
    Campy

I like buying new clothes. I have several online stores I visit regularly, even if I don't buy anything. Unfortunately, my last purchase is delayed. I've contacted the customer support of their site, they said it's coming, but didn't confirmed the exact date. Hope to get my new shirt soon.

5. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Same

LightWithoutHeat and coleslawed like this.
  6. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Oh yeah.

7. -deleted-

-

DU/ER is a cool brand overall. I manage a shop two doors down from one of their stores and they’re kind enough to give me neighborhood work discounts. Great staff and great quality. I particularly love their joggers over most I’ve tried.

airik625 likes this.
  8. The Emologist

Crusted

Starting a new gig and was desperate to find pants that fit me in the style I want…ended up with the company I wanted to support the least.. birddogs. They’re so dude-bro but the pants fit so well. No other retailer made the right fit for someone who’s 6’3.

9. Lorena Flower Sep 5, 2022
    (Last edited: Sep 13, 2022)
    Lorena Flower

Pretty the same opinion right now. Nevertheless, I still like casual and oversized clothes for everyday wear. But when I go to an event, I choose something elegant, like this dress from Princessly, for example, - I ordered it for my sister's birthday party.

10. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

I’ve always liked and wanted to wear jewelry and recently I’ve said fuck it and started to.

Found a really awesome brand and bought a few rings from them.. the ID ring, signet ring and recently just ordered a lodge ring. Here’s the link if anyone is interested.

Based in PA. They have some great quality stuff.

https://studebakermetals.com/

11. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

12. Jolllle Nov 7, 2022
    (Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2022)
    Jolllle

Online shopping is a trend nowadays. You get to avail products and goods for the right price, you have plenty of options to choose from, shipping is fast and easy, and can be done from the comfort of your home or workplace. Before buying online, go to the pissedconsumer platform (for example, here are ashro customer service contacts and reviews). Find there all the complaints and reviews of any website. It will help to avoid low-rated stores and services.

13. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

14. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

I started working at Valentino a little over two months ago and they had their first big employee sale. I got some sneakers and a beanie for me and some other stuff for my mom and some friends

20230503_193009.jpg 20230503_193000.jpg 20230503_132829.jpg 20230503_204948.jpg 20230503_132627.jpg 20230503_132559.jpg

billyboatman and Ferrari333SP like this.
  15. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

My wife owns a few pairs of those shoes.

16. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

all i can think of is this

Fletchaaa likes this.
  17. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Any good recs for buying a suit online on a smaller budget? I have a wedding to go to in September and none of my suits I bought over 10 years ago fit anymore so figured I'd go for it and buy a new one.

So far I've looked at Suit Supply, Spier & Mackay, and Charles Tyrwhitt. The latter two seem to be more in my range with their more affordable options, trying to keep things as far under $500 as I possibly can. Any recs are welcome!

billyboatman likes this.
  18. imthegrimace

my buddy swears by H&M suits but I have no personal experience with them.

19. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I have a few from Express that have served me well.

20. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

21. imthegrimace

IMG_8439.gif

22. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Screenshot_20231113-204031.png
    Screenshot_20231113-142455.png
    I got these dope Sperrys and winter jacket today for $55 each when it should have cost me $240 total

coleslawed and Kiana like this.
  23. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

IMG_1369.jpeg Stoked about this coat I bought a few days ago.

Daniel, imthegrimace, Kiana and 4 others like this.
  24. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

That is a nice chore coat

wisdomfordebris and coleslawed like this.
  25. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I have a Ben Davis chore coat and it’s my favorite thing