Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Clothing/Shoes/Fashion Thread • Page 106

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 10, 2016.

1. mr_november

Trusted Supporter

Nabbed two pairs of naked and famous jeans today for $50 at this local second hand store .

Also this JCrew sale is killing me.

currytheword and Borat like this.
  2. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

The one thing that truly upsets me is getting into sneaker culture at the worst possible time. I got into shoes a few weeks after the Wotherspoon air max dropped and I remember my friends being all hyped about getting it. I was like "oh that is cool, it looks like a dope shoe."

That shoe has turned into a grail of mine and it upsets me I legit had a chance for it, if i paid attention at the time.

currytheword likes this.
  3. currytheword

Trusted

Started off my work week of fashion expos and showroom appointments in NYC with having to wake up, shovel a foot of snow at 6a, proceed to accidentally rip off one of my windshield wipers clearing my car, and then catching the only train out of my town this morning at 7:30a. But at least I’m wearing this nice shirt.

4. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

5. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

6. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

I bought a pair of naked and famous jeans off eBay for like $35 and they are nice but the rise is soooo low like whyyyy

7. currytheword

Trusted

They’ve got a few different fits that I sell. Some are much better than others for sure.

Borat likes this.
  8. currytheword

Trusted

Men’s fashion week of expos is both extremely fun and interesting as it is equally exhausting. Found some great stuff and made good progress but I’m sick of taxi’s, negative degree weather, and staring at color palettes.

Has anyone here ever purchased Scotch & Soda? As commercial as the brand has gotten, I truly love the originality and risks they take. I see stuff in their showroom that is either “wow, how would anyone ever wear that” or “fuck I need this in my life.” Very happy they’ve not lost their flare since being bought.

9. Dog with a Blog

Socks!

9C58398C-BB72-4A90-A630-A238785634BF.jpeg

Also, picked up some running shoes at Buffalo Exchange. Haven’t had a new pair in like three years so they were desperately needed.

7C0855F7-85F0-479C-8B82-7ECD8E94945C.jpeg

Borat and mad like this.
  10. CobraKidJon

I have to go to a feet store tomorrow and get my feet all measured out for insoles because no insoles I buy help ease my foot pain so that is fun.

11. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

12. Dog with a Blog

Also at Buffalo Exchange but they were new. I forget what the brand was :cringe:

BlueEyesBrewing likes this.
  13. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  14. Dog with a Blog

15. Dog with a Blog

Um. I need this. It’s on sale for only $1050 :upside:

Hunter

16. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

Just bought my first pair of “real boots” red wing iron rangers, ordered my first pair of selvedge jeans (granted they are from American eagle, but they were only 80 dollars for 2 pair lol) and have been wearing my carhartt hat a lot lately. I am going to look like yr local hipster dad soon

coleslawed likes this.
  17. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

v proud

18. currytheword

Trusted

My Save the Duck coat is easily the best coat i've ever owned. I can wear a t shirt underneath it on a ten degree day in upstate NY and not feel a damn thing. 10/10 would recommend.

19. CobraKidJon

I bought these New Balance shoes with like this high arch support insoles and they have been working pretty good so far.

It was a little pricey but I needed shoes to be able to walk in at work and not be a total disaster.

currytheword likes this.
  20. Carmen SD Jan 30, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 30, 2019)
    Carmen SD

Trusted

Because clothing related: I gained enough weight that half my clothes don’t fit me anymore. I can’t really afford to buy new clothes. Most of them are good and I want to either sell some (the never been worn ones) or donte then somewhere

21. Dog with a Blog

I feel ya. Had to buy like a whole new wardrobe for work cause I put on the lbs. I plan on losing them but that ain’t an overnight ordeal, ya know? I suggest second hand shops if possible

22. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I lost enough weight to where all my work clothes look big but the size down still feels too small. I plateaued too so I’ve just been struggling and picking up my pants every 5 seconds

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  23. Carmen SD

Trusted

I kinda have the same problem. Either too tight/small or too big/doesn't fit right. I mostly wear yoga/stretch pants and t-shirts. I have been waiting to go to the gym for a while now (not that I have an issue with my weight), but I'm gone for nearly 10 hours of the day for work... I leave around 5:30am and get home at around 3:30pm. Go to bed at 8pm. I don't know how people do it, especially the ones with kids!

24. Dog with a Blog

I don’t know how people with kids do anything tbh

25. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah same I just like to give my cat the life of Luxury

Borat, Dog with a Blog and Ken like this.