Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Clothing/Shoes/Fashion Thread

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Thread for all the things you put on your body

2. Meerkat

I got my first pair of boots in December and am obsessed. I also picked up a pair of the new Chuck Taylors in maroon. They're super comfortable.

3. Meerkat

Also, being androgynous and tiny makes shopping really fucking difficult.

4. Kiana Mar 10, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 10, 2016)
    Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

So. I'm a small person but I'm ~curvy I guess and idk how to deal. I love the look of oversized shirts and sweaters but with my boobs and shortness it makes me look wide and frumpy.

My uniform of life is skinny jeans, boots, and a boring shirt probably in a neutral or jewel tone. I love boots. My dad calls me Luke Skywalker because apparently me and Luke have similar taste in footwear.

hypernights. likes this.
  5. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I have the flattest butt in the history of butts. I'm pretty insecure about it and I always wear long shirts because it makes me feel better.

My typical attire is black skinny jeans, chucks, and any color shirt really but I wear a ton of black and grey.

6. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I own a lot of Hanes white v necks.

Jason Tate likes this.
  7. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

In the US, 95% of the time I'm the laziest dresser. But when I travel, for some reason, I dress way nicer than I usually do.

8. Meerkat

I love H&M's basic men's t-shirts. So comfy and they usually come in great colors

angrycandy likes this.
  9. Kiana

I like my body I just wish I could dress it better. I feel like on paper I should be in the petite section but it doesn't really work out that way because I have sizable boobs and somewhat of a butt so I have to size up shirts and pants to accommodate but then they end up too big and frumpy in other areas. I need to invest in a tailor but it seems like such a hassle.

I have been branching out tho with color so I'm proud of me

10. Garrett

At one point I had 17 of those. I think I currently have like 8? Can't beat that price.

11. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

If I order something online there is an 80% chance it won't fit right. Yet I continue to shop online.

12. St. Nate

J Crew catalogue came in yesterday. Can't wait to see all the clothes I will buy from the factory store and outlets next year.

ChiliTacos, mena and Meerkat like this.
  13. Kiana

This is me. I ordered 2 skirts and a pair of pants recently. The skirts fit but were way more flared and stiff than I thought. I felt like a teacup. Then the pants were too big. Clothing stores are too inconsistent with sizing.

14. Meerkat

Changing my hair has really shifted my fashion and sense of style. There are so many looks I can pull off now and pull off much better. It's great

15. Garrett

It's pretty much why once I find a brand that fits right, I never leave it.

Jason Tate likes this.
  16. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Man people call all kinds of things boots. Eventually I'm gonna get a nice pair of cowboy boots, because that's not weird here

Also I wear jeans every day of the year that I can

17. Garrett

Chukkas for life

18. St. Nate

I'm a fan of chukkas.

I used to wear a sarung as a kid cause my dad did and kinda want to do it again.

19. Kiana

What do people call boots that are not boots?

Nice cowboy boots are expensive af. Like half the businesses in my town are cowboy boot shops and they're all a gazillion dollars.

20. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

i bought the vegan doc martens in cherry last winter as a tax return gift to myself and wow was that a solid investment.

as far as looks, i've gained weight in the past few years so i'm still kind of learning to dress myself again, but i'll mostly wear leggings, a nicer shirt, and then an oversize jean jacket. i own mostly band shirts but i hardly ever wear them anymore? (i guess this is growing up?)

carina likes this.
  21. St. Nate

So like... where is a good place to buy fedoras?

22. Kiana

If I could steal Harry Styles' collections of Chelsea boots and somehow make them fit me that'd be fab.

schlotty likes this.
  23. St. Nate

Oh. I do like me my hoodies.

Hoodies and shorts are my thing. In fact, that's what I'm wearing right now.

24. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Nothing that I could successfully argue against being a boot, haha. I just grew up understanding boots to mean like cowboy boots or high cut women's boots or like hiking boots, so seeing something like chukkas called boots is different

Yeah they're expensive. I was going to buy a pair for my cousin's wedding a couple years ago, but then I ended up losing my job.

25. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I'm wearing shorts tomorrow, no doubt.