Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Closure in Moscow Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by beachdude, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Also can you link me to where you got this info?

2. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Bandcamp

3. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

did you email them or something? I’ve never been able to get a reply from anyone on them haha

4. MexicanGuitars

6646551F-4A93-47EA-87E5-C22B15AB8C38.png
    and then it says the same thing for First Temple. Their Insta story had an entire stack of these albums in a backyard or something saying they finally arrived

5. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Just got shipping notification!

beachdude likes this.
  6. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Actually just checked their Bandcamp and there were still a few First Temple and Penance and the Patience copies left. Knew I was gonna regret not snagging First Temple while they have it, so I just grabbed one of the last copies.

7. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I have the alt artwork for first temple and kind of want the OG

beachdude likes this.
  8. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I think mine is the alternate artwork too and tbh same. But ah well.

9. Micah511

Yeah I checked Bandcamp after I said that and it looks like all the vinyl is the alt artwork. Weird. I love the original.

beachdude likes this.
  10. MexicanGuitars

I finally just got my shipping notification as well. July 20 can’t come fast enough

11. Blainer93 Jun 9, 2022
    (Last edited: Jun 9, 2022)
    Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

81CC0EAF-1F31-420F-A40A-3E55A497735A.jpeg
    thank the lord

check for warps, my Penance has a slight one which I expected tbh cus it’s hot as fuck and coming from Australia

12. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Listening to my First Temple record now. Been awhile since I really gave these guys a deep listen. They truly sound like Mars Volta-lite on this album—it’s wild.

ezmo311 likes this.
  13. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

the only tmv i got from that album is when the vocalist does the octave harmony thing he does sometimes like on bedlam or ampu

first temple is a great album and it totally shreds but is also pretty accessible i think

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  14. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Agree with all of this

15. Micah511

Nah I hear a ton of TMV in this album's guitarwork too. Afterbirth especially. It's part of why I liked them though, it had a lot of what I loved about TMV without all the ambient stuff and it had normal song structures.

OotyPa likes this.
  16. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Come on, the TMV influence is everywhere on that album, including the lyrics, guitar parts, vocals, the frantic and intricate songwriting punctuated by moments of heavy atmosphere. Not saying it’s a bad thing—and it’s definitely more audience-friendly than some of TMV—but the comparison is inevitable.

Your Milkshake likes this.
  17. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

eh influence and actuation are different things

anyways if thats your opinion youre not wrong and i didnt mean to minimize i just found the thought interesting and wanted to add my opinion. esp since i love both bands. i think their guitar parts and songwriting are very different. they both can be broadly frantic sure.

OotyPa likes this.
  18. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

i bet Deloused is maybe THE most influential album for what became of 2nd wave post hardcore

im thinking Coheed and Saosin heard that album and even more specifically Cedrics vocals then kinda sparked the movement with their seminal releases

OotyPa, Phantoms and Micah511 like this.
  19. Micah511

Yeah I said something similar in the TMV thread when the single came out and re-listened to it.

ezmo311 and Your Milkshake like this.
  20. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I interviewed them back when first temple came out and I mentioned the Mars Volta and they seemed a bit frustrated with everyone comparing them

21. MexicanGuitars

The Moscow Volta

Phantoms, ezmo311 and Henry like this.
  22. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

So much TMV on the first album, it's very apparent and everywhere

Phantoms and OotyPa like this.
  23. It's making me think that I've always heard a lot of TMV or even At The Drive-In in Dance Gavin Dance's work, especially guitar wise.

24. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Interesting. Wouldn’t it just be easier for them to admit they’re fans and appreciate the comparison? Like to be compared to “a more concise TMV without the extra experimentation” is a massive compliment. I get it might be tiring to feel like your art is paying tribute to another artist, but all art does and it’s not necessarily a criticism.

25. Micah511

I think SSTB came out before Deloused.

EDIT: and IKS came out in October of 03 and Deloused had only just been released in June.