Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Closure in Moscow Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by beachdude, Oct 31, 2016.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Closure in Moscow is an Australian progressive rock band that formed in Melbourne, Victoria in 2006. The group is composed of guitarist-singer Mansur Zennelli, guitarist Michael Barrett, drummer Salvatore Aidone, bassist Duncan Millar and lead singer Christopher de Cinque. To date they have released one extended-play and two full-length studio albums: The Penance and the Patience (2008), First Temple (2009) and Pink Lemonade (2014) respectively.

2. beachdude

These guys are very underrated, and Pink Lemonade especially gets not nearly enough love for being a great progressive rock album. They changed quite a bit since their post-hardcore days on the EP and first album, but the new stuff is still phenomenal.

vidiviciveni likes this.
  3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Love them, Pink Lemonade was a lot to take in, but really really fantastic for the most part

4. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I miss them

beachdude and Joe4th like this.
  5. beachdude

The new Stolas song has HUGE Closure in Moscow vibes, made me think of them.

mercury likes this.
  6. beachdude

This band is seriously incredible, can’t believe how little discussion they get on here. I still return to their three releases all the time, desperately want new stuff and a US tour.

7. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Orange and white splatter sold out and shipping brings the 180-gram to $33: prob gonna test my luck and hope they do another tour after PTS and have it.

mattylikesfilms and beachdude42 like this.
  8. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

never heard of this band before but saw this thread bumped. these songs you posted are badass!

beachdude42 likes this.
  9. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Really need to see them on this tour.

beachdude42 likes this.
  10. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

They added a media mail option so its 25 shipped now.

also, what needs to be remastered about this album? I cant think of a better sounding album to come out from this type of band. Currently listening and this thing still absolutely rips.

11. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Whoaaaaaaa... they're touring "First Temple"?! That is sick. Such a fun record front to back.

mattylikesfilms and Micah511 like this.
  12. MexicanGuitars

Still only seeing the USPS 2-3 day unfortunately on the MerchNow store. Is there another link?

13. Micah511

No, it was merchnow... weird. are you in the US? Im in alabama and i got just the black vinyl and poster and it let me choose media mail.

14. MexicanGuitars

I am, but still nothing. Strange.

15. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Just got my First Temple vinyl today and it sounds glorious!

I’m hoping they release news of the new record before Summer.

beachdude42 and Micah511 like this.
  16. Micah511

Same, my 180g black sounds fantastic. I really hope playing First Temple in full gets them back to writing in a more post-hardcore style than the weird psychedelic style of Pink Lemonade. There were good parts in that album, but it was in need of a serious edit on the cutting floor.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  17. beachdude

I actually think Pink Lemonade was really cool despite its excesses... I'm down for whatever they do next.

Joe4th and mattylikesfilms like this.
  18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I like Pink Lemonade but it really was too all over the place at times for me. With that said; a whole record in the vein of “Seeds of Gold”, “The Church of Technochrist”, and the title track would be awesome!

We will see. First Temple is GOAT.

Micah511 likes this.
  19. Micah511

It blows my mind how well First Temple has held up. It's a shame stuff like Chiodos and the like got popular in lieu of stuff like this.

20. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Totally. First Temple is in its own league as far as I am concerned. It’s offensive that people tried to clump this band with lesser bands such as Chiodos (and I loved “Illuminaudio”) for real.

beachdude42 likes this.
  21. Micah511

I was a huge Chiodos fan, both with and without Craig Owens, but man, listening back on that stuff, he is so grating and pretentious sounding on most of their stuff.

22. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Oh their discography does NOT hold up well after all these years at all. I like a few Craig songs but Illuminaudio is the only record I can personally go back to without cringing.

beachdude42 likes this.
  23. beachdude

I was actually just listening to Illuminaudio earlier lol... Definitely agreed, it’s the only one that’s aged well.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  24. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Still think Illuminaduio is boring as fuck

chewbacca110 likes this.
  25. Micah511

His Story Repeats Himself > Stratovolcano Mouth is a great 4 song run.

mattylikesfilms and beachdude42 like this.