Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

clipping. - The Existed An Addiction To Blood (Sub Pop - October 18th 2019) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by PauLo, Aug 14, 2019.

1. PauLo

43% Burnt

It’s a new album by clipping, bitch

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  2. PauLo

43% Burnt

Album cover

3. zarofearth

This rules

4. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

I was worried clipping. would go away cause Daveed is so busy with acting projects. This is excellent news.

5. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

Track list is up on Apple Music. 15 tracks, 68 minutes.

6. mad

I was right. Prestigious

oh shit I had totally forgotten about clipping. last album was great.

7. PauLo

43% Burnt

Some of those features? Oh boy. Never thought I’d see an album with both a Benny The Butcher AND Pedestrian Deposit feature on it.

8. mellohart

Regular Prestigious

This track has just cemented clipping. into my amazing beats category.

9. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Blood Of The Fang is my favorite of the released tracks, they're all so good

mellohart likes this.
  10. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Holy fuck I just found Blood of the Fang

11. CochleaCocaine

Regular

Kinda blue-ballsed by the lack of "it's clipping, bitch" on the intro here but I've spun this twice and it'll probably end up being my favorite hip-hop release of the year. Probably their most accessible release sonically, IMO, but eerie and sometimes straight up disturbing regardless, and fresh as always without a doubt. Club Down is an insane track and immediate highlight. Can't wait to go back and pick up on all the subtle production intricacies and the like.

Side note - Daveed Diggs is one of the most talented and creative dudes on the planet right now. If you haven't seen Tour de Pharmacy on HBO you oughtta check it out.

12. PauLo

43% Burnt

Well, this is fucking great, huh?

13. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

the ending of All in Your Head....hell yes. I like this album, feels more streamlined and they definitely followed through on the concept. Does it make it a particularly engaging listen? In parts yes, but I'm not convinced as a whole. Going to need to listen more.

Blood of the Fang is one of my favorite songs of the year though. Incredible through and through

14. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Club Down makes me want to destroy some shit this is so good

15. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Somebody commented that Club Down sounds like if Daughters made a hip-hop track and I love that

16. PauLo

43% Burnt

I regret (but not really) to inform you all that pitchfork are bad again.

17. YeH the fork missed the point on this one

18. CochleaCocaine

Regular

Pitchdork

19. PauLo

43% Burnt

They seem to have something against clipping. They gave Splendor & Misery a 5.3 and that was nominated for a Hugo award FFS.

20. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

this album needs more attention

21. PauLo

43% Burnt

Anyone else find Burning Piano both soothing AND disturbing?

22. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

The first time I listened to the album I let Piano Burning play all the way out but kind of shifted my focus away from the album, and every once in a while there'd be a sudden crackle of a piece of the piano breaking or something and it would startle the shit out of me lol

23. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

Club Down melts my fucking brain

24. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

The sound design on this is actually insane. The beats coming from passing cars on Run For Your Life is just phenomenal

I Am Mick and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  25. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I have a lot of friends who don't give rap a chance but love noisy/doom/experimental shit and I love showing them Club Down and seeing them get into it. I hope they're following up and listening to the album/their discography