Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

CKY

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by AlwaysEvolving21, May 25, 2020.

1. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I've been in a major CKY kick today and noticed they didn't have thread. So here it is.

Infiltrate-Destroy-Rebuild is still my absolute album favorite over the years and Deron needs to come back to this band.

2. 96 Quite Bitter Beings was a jam

PauLo and paperlung like this.
  3. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Still is!

4. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

4 year bump! ;-p
    Have loved this band/ DVDs for over two decades now and just recently dropped some cash on vinyl pressings of the Greatest Hits album and Carver City. Sad to see they fell apart mainly cause Deron was an ass. They keep teasing new album in 2024 (Chad and Jess.) I didnt hate The Pheonix so looking forward to this.

IDR
    Vol 1
    Carver City
    The Pheonix
    An Answer Can Be Found......such a disappointing album for me and really killed the band IMO

5. Mark III

Formerly Someone Else

Agree with your top 2, but would put An Answer Can Be Found at number 3. Carver City has a couple cool tracks, but never hit me very hard. Only like 1-2 songs off of The Pheonix. Deron was kinda always the band for me and it was never the same after he left. Some of the stuff he's done with 96 Bitter Beings is already and definitely sounds like cKy still.

bd007h likes this.
  6. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

No way An Answer Can Be Found is lower than The Phoenix. That album isn't even true CKY unfortunately.

bd007h likes this.
  7. birdman

Yes, it's me

Does anyone have the CKY prank call album? It's not really CKY it's the CKY2K/pre-Jackass guys making a bunch of prank calls. I've been holding onto this thing for 20 years, I recently listened to some of them and some of them hold up, a lot of them don't.

8. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Musically The Phoenix sounds like CKY, but Chad's voice just doesn't have the punch Deron's does.

JamesMichael likes this.
  9. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

yup, I still have my copy. Classic. Sounds like you coughing up a furball granny!

10. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

I think musically The Phoenix sounds better than a lot of AACBF, but yes obviously you cant replace Derons vocals. But The Pheonix just is a more fun record for me. Both albums have about the same amount of solid tracks I'd say.

Also, The Afterworld is such a good song!

bd007h likes this.
  11. JamesMichael

Derons band 96 Quite Bitter Beings sounded more like CKY than CKY but the production was a huge let down on both of those albums that Deron released.

bd007h and NJPunkMusic like this.
  12. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

I'm still holding out hopes of some type of CKY reunion in like 3 more years with the core three. Just for a Philly show or something. Kinda like a final good bye. I remember going to the Escape From Hellview show in 2002 and it was amazing.

bd007h and JamesMichael like this.
  13. Mark III Jan 9, 2024
    (Last edited: Jan 9, 2024)
    Mark III

Formerly Someone Else

My copy was stolen out of my car with all of my other CDs back in like 2004, but I do still have the sleeve and it's signed by Bam, Dico, Jess, and Rake

14. JamesMichael

It sucks, because I do feel like if they had kept their shit together and the momentum they had, they could have easily become a much bigger band in the scene. Still haven't found a band that sounds like them all these years later.

15. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Honestly, their hype died out after IDR. Carver City only sold 40k albums world wide. Obviously album salfes back then were even plummeting in the business as a whole, but they talked about how big of a disappointment it was and that Road Runner basically did nothing for them. And a lot of fans (such as myself) were disappointed from IDR to An Answer Can Be Found and lost interest. I remember seeing them on tour back in like 2009 and the crowd was a quarter of the size compared to 2003-2005 era.

16. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

They have always been a troubled group. It’d be nice to get Deron back in the fold but he seems really bitter towards Chad.

17. Mark III

Formerly Someone Else

Yeah, I've always gotten the sense that there's still really bad blood between Deron and everyone. Any type of reunion would be pretty far out, I think.

I get that 2/3 of the band continued on and kept the name, but, like I said above, cKy always seemed like Deron's band and his new project which sounds way more like cKy than cKy does, kinda confirms that for me. I'm there for the reunion if it ever happens, though

18. JamesMichael

Yeah, I remember seeing them around that time as well and there were like 50 people in the crowd.

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  19. birdman

Yes, it's me

“the 4th of July called, they told me it was cancelled, but I didn’t believe them”