Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

CIWWAF’s 10-Year Anniversary Tour Dates • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

2. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I honestly don't think I've ever heard a song by them. Then again I just found out a few months ago About a Girl was by The Academy Is. By the way, I'm 27 so age isn't a factor.

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

better later on imo
    probably the best band from this scene

4. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Is there a worse name than Shaant? Maybe, like, Chet or something, 'cause that just hits the ear wrong!!!

5. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

I was barricade at that show, cause I was/am a massive Paramore fan. And I had to leave about 1song in. They were THAT bad.

But they got better live over time, esp once Rotation was released.

Stoked for this show.

6. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Nothing will ever beat Bronx Mowgli although some are close! I think Shaant and Nevaeh are 2nd haha

7. TDenverFan

Regular

I saw them on Warped a few years ago and thought they put on a real fun show, maybe they've got better over time live?

8. I remember seeing them with Plain White T's, Fall Out Boy and Gym Class Heroes. They were good live but Shaant was kind of a shit head on stage. Regardless, this album is one of my favorites. Rotation more so but that's beside the point. Too bad this isn't coming to Northern California because I'd definitely go.

9. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

this was of course spun endlessly in high school, but i made LOTS of bad decisions in high school.
    this album has definitely NOT aged well. it wasn't all that great in the first place and i don't think i really wanna cash in on nostalgia to see this. i don't really have any sentimental attachment to Same Old Blood Rush.

now, if This Providence was doing a reunion tour, THAT i would jump at. and i'm still bummed/pissed i missed The Hush Sound's Like Vines tour.

10. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I liked songs off Brier EP but that last record, "Who are you Now?" was severely lacking IMO.

11. Jared Luttrell

Regular

CIWWAF got me into a whole scene of music so even if they didn't write the greatest music I'm never going to be ashamed of being a fan. That said, I absolutely loved Rotation and feel it was really underated at the time.

12. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I believe it. I used to date a girl who was from Buffalo and went to high school with him and the other dudes in the band so she told me some funny shit.

13. fbrrocks

Trusted

I need it too so excited and already have my ticket

14. btr

Trusted Supporter

"There's a Class for This" in NHL 07 though

15. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

They opened up for Dredg in 2005 or so in Buffalo. Most out of place opener ever haha. What was also funny is that Emery was the direct support, also very out of plAce. CIWWAF was obviously just local support for the night and I remember seeing that they had gotten signed a couple months later

trevorshmevor likes this.
  16. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Got my tickets for Pomona, yass!!

Have been trying to go to as many new venues as possible, would've gone to the Bootleg Theater date but have tickets for Failure's Fantastic Planet show that same night. #FirstWorldProblems

17. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

That album artwork still sucks, among other things.

18. GEM37

She haunts the roads

So, as long as there are people who even mildly care, I might as well ask...

Am I the only one who loves "Finger Twist & Split"? I seem to remember consensus about that song at the time being that it was 'the shitty one', but I've always loved it. ("Newport Living" I actually can't stand...)

19. btr Jul 25, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 25, 2016)
    btr

Trusted Supporter

Shaant tweeted out that they haven't figured out who the support is yet. Also a lot of these dates are selling out so I'd jump on this if you're trying to go. Second Buffalo date added for 10/28 too

20. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

one of my favorites. way less cringy than Newport Living or The Curse of Curves too