Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

City and Colour Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by beachdude, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Part of the album im sure

USA + CAN City and Colour tour w/ Ben Rogers
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    Pre-sales start June 4th
    cityandcolour.com/events
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    City and Colour has partnered with Plus 1. $1 from every ticket sold will be donated to:
    MusiCounts & Indspire
    Crisis Text Line
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    Each ticket, purchased online, for the CAD tour includes the choice of a digital or physical CD copy of the full-length album coming out this fall

irthesteve and beachdude like this.
  2. atlas

Trusted

Motherfucker hasn’t been to Chicago in like 3 years cmon Dallas

sonder likes this.
  3. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Really love the overall sound on this. Excited for an album in that style from Dallas.

beachdude likes this.
  4. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Looking forward to something new. I like this song. Seems like a good choice thematically to release first.

5. Colin Your Enthusiasm

From Dallas on Astronaut

Astronaut is a travelin song. It’s about living and trying to stay in the moment. It’s about the yearning to wander through this life and try to experience as much as possible while you can. Sonically, I wanted it to take you on a journey - because that’s what the song is about: The journey of being alive and aware, The ups and downs, the winding roads, but the hope that we’ll find our way.

Hope you dig it.

6. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Loving Astronaut so far. I definitely get the traveling vibe he mentioned throughout the song.

Looking forward to the new album.

beachdude, skurt and irthesteve like this.
  7. SoundscapeMN Jun 3, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 3, 2019)
    SoundscapeMN

Regular

the guy has such a clean,clear voice, but his music I have never loved.

Astronaut..someone on 1 of The Dear Hunter fan groups compared to a song from the Blue EP, and checking it out now, I can follow.

I absolutely love his cover of Kimbra's Settle Down and the Neverending White Lights tune "The Grace."

8. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Anyone know how to get access to the artist presale tomorrow? Is he just gong blast out a code on his socials>

9. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I have always been more a fan of his acoustic based music for the same reason where his voice shines, but the Never Ending White Lights and Shad stuff.

I find a lot of artists when they go solo start really simplistically because they are on their own, and then somehow get back into a more band sound with their solo work (Dashboard Confessional, Frank Turner, Kevin Devine and I’m sure we could all name a lot more). For City and Colour, I’d agree not all his music has been for me, but his voice is so distinct and I really do enjoy it.

10. Colin Your Enthusiasm

skurt likes this.
  11. JamesMichael

I had a small run through his discography on Apple Music today whilst at work for the first time in forever and I genuinely forgot how many good songs he'd done under City and Colour. Admittedly I'm not as familiar with his newer stuff compared to his old as I was always more fond of the acoustic sound over the full band but I'm definitely enjoying both now.

12. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

Yep listened to Little Hell today and forgot how good it is.

I mean, he's even got songs like "Silver and Gold" on there that just slip under the radar but still blow my mind.

coleslawed, aoftbsten and beachdude like this.
  13. zmtr Jun 4, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 4, 2019)
    zmtr

Trusted

Only album I don’t absolutely love is TH&TH

beachdude likes this.
  14. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

Yeah TH&TH is a bit hit or miss - like "commentators" and "golden state" are kind of ehhh but then he's got "take care" and the title track is actually really good on that one.

I pretty much enjoy everything Dallas has done with C&C, even the album w/ Pink, but I get why some would cool on the later stuff. It starts to feel like he's rehashing the same thing over and over again but I guess I'm just into it

15. zmtr

Trusted

Take Care is definitely my favorite song on that album and one of my favorites of his overall. It's a shame it's NEVER gotten played live. I honestly think the guitar part might be too tough to recreate perfectly while singing at the same time..

Commentators is brutal. Worst thing he's ever done by far.

coleslawed, jpmalone4 and beachdude like this.
  16. JamesMichael

Yeah everything Dallas has been involved with I've pretty much loved/enjoyed.

Completely forgot about that You+Me album. Need to re-listen to that tomorrow for sure.

jpmalone4 and beachdude like this.
  17. atlas

Trusted

Commentators could have been such a good song but the lyrics are so dumb lol

18. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I honestly can't remember much from TH&TH. It's just never landed with me.

19. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Bought floor seats for the tour. I fucking hate ticketmaster tho. Wish this wasn't so far away.

beachdude likes this.
  20. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Of Space and Time and Harder Than Stone are two of his best songs, which makes TH&TH worth it alone

beachdude likes this.
  21. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I definitely agree with those two. I’d also say TH&TH is his weakest overall, but there’s still some great tracks on there.

irthesteve and zmtr like this.
  22. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I got my dad really into City & Colour, and he’s told me this has become one of his favorite songs ever... he asks me to play it often when we’re together. It’s a cool feeling to really share my love for a newer artist with him, considering most of the artists/bands we really share a love for are older or (if newer) more mainstream.

23. zmtr

Trusted

I love this song (along with the whole album) and it absolutely slays live.

JamesMichael and beachdude like this.
  24. zmtr

Trusted

I really love "Map of the World". Don't see it mentioned much.

beachdude likes this.
  25. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I reeeeally love IISGBY. It came at an integral time for me and it has had massive staying power for me.

I don’t expect this of any C&C fan by any stretch of the imagination, but it is my personal favorite of his.

beachdude likes this.