Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

City and Colour Announces New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 19, 2023.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

City and Colour will release The Love Still Held Me Near on March 31st. Today they’ve shared “Underground.”

Nashville, TN – City and Colour – acclaimed singer, songwriter and performer Dallas Green – has announced the highly anticipated new album The Love Still Held Me Near will be released on March 31 via Still Records, an imprint of Dine Alone Records. The Love Still Held Me Near is a deeply personal and cathartic offering, and the most sonically expansive in the celebrated City and Colour canon. The record is available to pre-order tomorrow (January 20) at 10 AM ET HERE. 

Soulful new track “Underground” offers a strong message that life is a gift, embrace every moment while you can. Alongside the single, a new video for “Underground” directed by Michael Maxxis premieres today at 5 PM ET and is the second installment of a moody, formidable cinematic series of videos directed by Maxxis set to accompany every song on the new LP. Says Maxxis, “Dallas’ walls are down on this album, and I wanted to capture that on film.”

Watch “Underground” Premiere HERE | Listen to ”Underground” HERE

"The Love Still Held Me Near was born out of unimaginable loss and the subsequent journey through the grief and heartache that followed,” explains Green. “It’s about digging deep down into yourself and attempting to unearth hope and light in the things that can comfort you through those times. For me that has always been writing and recording music, so that’s exactly what I did." 

Produced by Green and longtime band member and collaborator Matt Kelly, the 12 songs that comprise The Love Still Held Me Near follow the most difficult period in Green’s life, including the tragic loss of his best friend in 2019. Green poignantly eulogizes him in the stunning opening track “Meant to Be,” which was released in November. Watch the cinematic video HERE.

Pre-orders for physical variants are available HERE. In addition to the standard black, there are seven exclusive variants available alongside curated The Love Still Held Me Near merchandise. Each vinyl variant has a 2x12” wide spine jacket with spot gold foil gloss and two die cut printed inserts. See below for details on all physical variants available for pre-order.

With six studio albums to date, City and Colour has amassed a legion of passionate fans worldwide who connect with the depth and intimacy of Green’s songs. The Love Still Held Me Near finds the songwriter revealing more of himself amidst new textures, arrangements and soundscapes not previously heard on City and Colour albums. While it was born out of navigating a trying time, it is an album of hope, redemption and inspiration. 

Track Listing

1. Meant to Be
    2. Underground
    3. Fucked it Up
    4. The Love Still Held Me Near
    5. A Little Mercy
    6. Things We Choose to Care About
    7. After Disaster
    8. Without Warning
    9. Hard, Hard Time
    10. The Water is Coming
    11. Bow Down to Love
    12. Begin Again
    more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Couldn't get into the last album but absolutely loved if in should go before you. This sounds great.

Darth Amory likes this.