Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

City and Colour - A Pill for Loneliness (October 4, 2019) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Zeke, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Excited to give this a listen today. I haven’t been huge into them since the first 2-3 albums but this one sounds promising!

disambigujason and latortuga like this.
  2. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

This might just end up being my AOTY. Holy shit this is so good, and I’ve never really been a big fan of his work outside of a few songs and Little Hell, but this is pretty much perfect.

Sad to see it not getting more love on here.

3. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I love the atmosphere on this album, everything sounds so warm

beachdude and JamesMichael like this.
  4. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

This is easily his best full band album, hands down.

waking season and beachdude like this.
  5. After a couple listens, this is probably my favorite album overall after Hurry. Some of the songs are long, but I don't really notice because I get lost in them.

beachdude and JamesMichael like this.
  6. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

This is growing on me, didn't take to it right away, but starting to come around.

beachdude likes this.
  7. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I’m absolutely loving this thing

8. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

This might end up being my favorite since Bring Me Your Love and I really enjoyed The Hurry and The Harm

9. atlas

Trusted

Def my fav from him since Little Hell

10. The view on my way home yesterday accompanied this album very well. Also, my vinyl came in yesterday.

IMG_4110.JPG

aoftbsten likes this.
  11. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

the grade in Camarillo?

12. irthesteve

That little part of the drive is unmistakable haha

Joe likes this.
  13. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Finally had a chance to listen to this and it's really solid. I absolutely love how atmospheric this sounds. Dallas's moody/bluesy riffs and chords sound so warm on this and I really get lost in them. The War Years kind of reminds me of Deftones in a way. Imagination is also an early standout for me. I'm gonna need to find some time to really sit down with no distractions and digest it.

JamesMichael and marsupial jones like this.
  14. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

interesting thought on "The War Years". love the track but haven't sensed any Deftones vibes from it, but i'm really awful at finding similarities between things. still love the track and the Deftones though!

"Imagination" is a big favorite of mine as well. there are a few runners for 2nd and 3rd favorite, but i think "Imagination" is going to stick as my favorite from the album.

i haven't really thought of a comprehensive AOTY list yet, but with the few albums that come to mind, this is easily #1 vs them.

JamesMichael and aoftbsten like this.
  15. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

It's that slow-burning guitar during the verse that feels reminiscent of some Deftones songs. Pink Maggit, in particular, comes to mind. It's obviously two different styles overall, but there's some similarity.

JamesMichael and marsupial jones like this.
  16. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I’m seeing him twice this week. I can’t wait to see these songs live

AWasteOfATime and JamesMichael like this.
  17. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Strangers really clicking with me this week.

JamesMichael likes this.
  18. irthesteve

JamesMichael and beachdude like this.
  19. latortuga

Regular

Oh boy I would kill for a Sometimes/BMYL heavy tour in 2020!!!

20. irthesteve

21. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

The new Low songs he put out today (which are great) inspired me to put this album on for the first time in a while and I am really enjoying it.

Some time away and returning to an album is sometimes a great way to realize how good it really is.

I think that is happening for me with this.

aoftbsten likes this.
  22. zmtr

Trusted

I've always LOVED his cover of Murderer. This new version is perfect.

I need to listen to this again. It went one ear and out the other back when it was first released.

contra11mundum likes this.
  23. JamesMichael Jan 9, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 9, 2021)
    JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Honestly after having some of the worst last few months I’ve ever had, Sometimes and BMYL have been on heavy rotation for me. Dallas speaks to my soul man.