Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Citizen Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Colin Your Enthusiasm, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

I still like Youth the best by far. Young States still holds up too. Drown is a banger.

2. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

It seems they may only be in the studio for a split with Turnover

3. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Definitely recorded a full length. Mat posted a photo on insta with the caption of "III" and idk what else that could mean. It would be cool to see another split between them though with their changes in sound and whatnot. Hopefully they recorded for both.

trevorshmevor and DejaMoi like this.
  4. Colin Your Enthusiasm

You're right. Hopefully it's both!

mattav152 likes this.
  5. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I finally got into youth, really great band. Criminally underrated imo.. idk why youth took a while to click with me

DejaMoi likes this.
  6. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Silo and Nail in your hand are 2 great songs that need more attention. This band rules. Legit one of my favorite not only up and coming bands but favorite band period.

7. mmcd323

Regular

Any upcoming Citizen tour rumors? I've heard they're on Warped but then I have heard they said they didn't like playing on Warped before so idk

teebs41 likes this.
  8. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

They are in the studio right now so may be a while

9. mmcd323

Regular

I'll take some new music over a tour right now actually haha

10. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea with yipp again.. I want something a little more melodic this time maybe not as dark as the last record, haha we will see though

11. mmcd323

Regular

just seeing a few posts back about a possible split with them and Turnover, that will be an interesting. The perfect combo of sadness and uplifting beats haha

12. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Youth was their YFW and EIGTH their Deja so we are in for a real treat for album #3 imo. I would also say that this band is underrated and like Brand New I see them further surpassing the bands they came up in this scene with their next release.

teebs41 likes this.
  13. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I sort of disagree with those comparisons just bc the sound between youth and eigth isn't strong enough

FTank likes this.
  14. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

15. What if he was like "honestly guys I liked the last one better but this @CitizenMi record is shaping up to be pretty okay!!"

Like just once I want a band or producer to tweet something like that lol

FTank and Zac Djamoos like this.
  16. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Haha that would certainly guarantee that the band doesn't work with them again.. I think. Maybe not lol

17. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

People pigeonholing Brand New comparisons. Sigh. Happens in just about every scene band thread.

18. Colin Your Enthusiasm

trevorshmevor and Transient_Hymn like this.
  19. Colin Your Enthusiasm

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN

20. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh hell yea

21. @teebs41 what are the odds you think are of this being the "important" record he talked about on Strange Nerve? Seems out of place cause I think it was already known Citizen was recording with him when that podcast was recorded, but the caption on that insta post has me curious

22. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I don't think it's this one, bc he talked about it on the podcast. Also he sent out a tweet like my life is new, turnover, citizen, circa, petal, and a band I can't mention yet

trevorshmevor likes this.
  23. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Do we think this will be on run for cover or wills label?

24. Ohhhh word, yeah I haven't seen that tweet. That answers the question though. I didn't know there was new Petal on the way though so I'm glad I asked

25. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Not a record, I get the sense it's an ep I could be wrong though

trevorshmevor likes this.