Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Citizen Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Colin Your Enthusiasm, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Seeing them for the first time in exactly two weeks to the day. Looking forward to it. Both albums are extremely solid imo. Love this band

teebs41 likes this.
  2. Iago

forbidden chalice.

I love Youth but only a couple from EIGTH

teebs41 likes this.
  3. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Thoughts on Silo lago

4. Iago

forbidden chalice.

I dig it! I've only listened to it a handful of times tho. Hbu?

teebs41 likes this.
  5. Colin Your Enthusiasm

I liked it enough to buy it. As a standalone single Mene style it's good.

Iago likes this.
  6. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

All the songs off of Everybody is Going to Heaven kill it live. Made the album click and now I can't stop listening.

teebs41 and DejaMoi like this.
  7. Colin Your Enthusiasm Apr 20, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 20, 2016)
    Colin Your Enthusiasm

I saw them Tonight. Surprised that they played more from Youth than EIGTH. Solid set regardless.

8. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I love everybody is going to heaven. Honestly prefer that record heavily to youth..

Transient_Hymn likes this.
  9. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Likewise although I really do like Youth too I just think EIGTH ultimately will have more staying power than Youth. The best is def yet to come for Citizen imo. Very excited for what's next. They are easily one of my favorite up and coming bands. One of the best discoveries I've made in awhile along with the band Owel.

10. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

new single for free DL

Citizen

Nail In Your Hand

teebs41 likes this.
  11. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

I saw them right after Youth came out. So good. They played a few songs off Young States too and that was sick.

12. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

went back to this after the kerekes solo announcement. forgot how much i love yellow sun and ring of chain.

teebs41, Transient_Hymn and DejaMoi like this.
  13. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea I love this record.. Stain is so good

14. Colin Your Enthusiasm

I actually think Youth is also extremely solid. I love them both for different reasons.

15. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

This album is like 3 songs away from being the most popular in the scene.

My favorite color.
    Weave me
    Ten

Are the only ones that I don't get stuck in my head for weeks at a time

16. Unsure if everyone saw this yesterday, but Mat will be putting out a solo LP in a month

17. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Super stoked for some new Citizen. I really wouldn't be surprised if they release lp3 next year. Getting a solo record from Mat is awesome and i'm still enjoying both of their records so there's more than enough to tide me over. But yeah so excited to see where this band will go. They still have so much potential

18. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Youth is great. I love that it's a short record. Perfect to put on when you don't want to listen to something that is too long and tbh I'm surprised how much it's grown on me. I never thought I'd like it as much as EIGTH but I do now.

19. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I was pretty into Youth and Mat's solo stuff a few years ago, but didn't listen to Everybody is Going to Heaven much when it came out, nor did I keep the other stuff in rotation. I recently learned that their playing a small club in the city I just moved to though. It'll be the biggest band I've ever seen in the smallest venue. I told my friend about it and asked if he wanted to get acquainted with their music and then go to the concert with me, so over the last week we've both been exploring their discog and it's been a real bonding experience. The show is tomorrow and I'm pretty excited for it

20. Colin Your Enthusiasm

The show in Ottawa? I'm going too! Seeing them for the 2nd time this year which is cool. Really looking forward to Safe to Say's set as well.

21. TedSchmosby

Trusted

That's the one! I was surprised to see that both they and PUP were playing this place. I'm from a super small town so this is all really new to me. I should probably check out some of the bands that are opening beforehand as well

DejaMoi likes this.
  22. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Ya me too actually! The openers are both from Ottawa. I will check them out today.

23. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I'll check out Safe to Say too, I've never heard of them before.

Do Citizen put on a good show from what you've seen?

24. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Yeah def check out Safe to Say their new album is excellent. I've never seen them live so can't wait. I'll probably pick up their new album on vinyl at the show.

Yeah they do. This venue will be better. I saw them at Ritual and that venue is only so so. I haven't gone to a show at Zaphods in quite while and much prefer that venue to Ritual. Should be great!

25. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Listening to Maritime Bleach and they are....ok. Certainly not terrible. They have some decent tracks.