Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Citizen - As You Please (October 6, 2017) Album • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by TMS2787, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

This is the Circa/AFI tour that is starting tonight right?

2. TMS2787

Trusted

Correct.

DejaMoi likes this.
  3. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Still bummed I can't go to that one. But I did see Ciz twice last year so I can't complain I guess. Pretty cool lineup will be a fun show. Enjoy and def report back here!

4. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I'm really into Jet. I didn't think we'd see a song like that from the band so soon after EIGTH, which is still a hit and miss record for me.

The preorder description has me so interested to hear the whole damn thing

5. btr

Trusted Supporter

EIGTH came out June 23rd, 2015. A two year cycle is about right for the size of this band! Always down for more Ciz, regardless

6. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

If that's a reply to me I was speaking in reference to Jet as a song. I didn't think they would have a poppy song as the first single for the record following EIGTH

7. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Dive into my sun is a fucking great song.

8. TMS2787

Trusted

Jet
    Cement
    Silo
    New Song
    Sleep
    Roam the Room
    The Night I Drove Alone
    The Summer

7:30-8:00 PM

js977 and DejaMoi like this.
  9. StormAndTheSun

insects come to life Supporter

According to twitter, that one is Fever Days

10. Colin Your Enthusiasm

11. cherrywaves

Trusted

Good setlist

coleslawed likes this.
  12. enlliac

The Real Azor Ahai

Only one from EIGTH, wow. But hell yeah hyped to see theyre still keeping Roam the Room even if i cant see them

13. TMS2787

Trusted

Some tidbits on the album:

-They thought releasing Jet was a good lead-off because they felt it was a good bridge between the two albums and one of if not the accessible songs on the record.

-The second song released Mat said he thinks people will say "it's weird but it's really not. It just has a vocal effect on it." I'm paraphrasing here, those weren't his exact words.

-The third song they are going to put out is Mat's favorite. He said neither are the other new song thy played tonight

-They didn't really want a three month roll out on the record but figured it was a good idea with this tour.

-They will be doing a headliner right around the time the album is out and the release show will most likely be in elsewhere from where the last one was held at

14. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

I love the bass on the new songs. Kinda groovy.

15. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Good setlist, although only one from EIGTH is a little strange to me. Not sure if that's because they just think more people will know Youth songs, or if they want to move away from that record now that they have a new one coming out.

I'll be seeing them in about 9 hours and will share my thoughts accordingly.

DejaMoi likes this.
  16. ImAMetaphor

I really liked the other new song they played last night. After one listen I may even enjoy it more than Jet. It also seemed to bridge the gap between their last two records.

It was pretty great watching a group of like, 20 people absolutely lose their shit in the pit when they started playing songs from Youth.

17. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Every time I've seen them since EIGTH, the Youth songs have absilutely ignited the crowd. Only Cement got a similar reaction from that album.

18. TMS2787

Trusted

Sounds just like the show I went too. How was the crowd overall for the show? Friday was about half-full.

19. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Yellow love to ring of chain makes me believe this band is one of the best to come out of the scene in the last 10 years.

DejaMoi likes this.
  20. ImAMetaphor

I'd say 2/3 full, but a ton of people were clearing out before AFI.

21. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Absolutely mental. Imagine leaving before AFI.

22. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

people are leaving before AFI? have they ever listened to sing the sorrow? i mean, i guess i was 12 when that came out (26 now) so if you're a lot younger than that, maybe, but man... come on.

js977 likes this.
  23. ImAMetaphor

I may have been one of the people that left before AFI. I've just never been a fan.

coleslawed and cwhit like this.
  24. Colin Your Enthusiasm

This is a cool tour I would def want to see all 3 bands if I was going to a date.

teebs41 likes this.
  25. Colin Your Enthusiasm

I still need to pre-order this but I can't decide which variant/bundle I want to go for....