Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Citizen - As You Please (October 6, 2017) Album • Page 44

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by TMS2787, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

A Coldplay cover? Not what I expected but

2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

funny thing is it sort of sounds like it could maybe sound a little like an early coldplay song, well i mean in style not actual sound.

beachdude likes this.
  3. btr

Trusted Supporter

Two new songs? No way we’re getting an album already, I thought they were going quiet for a while after this tour

4. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Haha I commented this on KL. It definitely gives me “Parachutes” vibes.

teebs41 likes this.
  5. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Def no record. Probably a few more one offs this year tho

6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Great minds... oh wait. Lol

beachdude likes this.
  7. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

yeah, they love one-off songs between albums. Silo, Nail in Your Hand, Big Mouth

8. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

A mix of one offs and bsides i would say

teebs41 likes this.
  9. btr

Trusted Supporter

sonder, Kmil, Iago and 4 others like this.
  10. btr

Trusted Supporter

Their Twitter bio says “LP4 2021”

solxace and thenewmatthewperry like this.
  11. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Bummer. Have to think we were getting it this year, before Covid happened.

btr likes this.
  12. TriangularDuck

Regular Supporter

went back to 'everybody is going to heaven' today and that one's only getting better with time

13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Arguably their best

waking season likes this.
  14. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

EIGTH was so unfairly maligned when it came out just because it wasn't Youth 2. It's great.

15. btr

Trusted Supporter

People LOVED Youth. EIGTH is not bad, but i remember that album cycle and the crowd was dead during anything off that record the few times I saw them come through

16. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

hoping to god the next one is as weird as that album. Love going from WTF is this song to...oh fuck this a banger.

latortuga likes this.
  17. I've never liked EIGTH, but I guess I'll give it another try? It always fell in that cohort of albums that really suffered from Yip's production to my ears, just kinda same-y sounding across the whole record. But it has been years since I gave the record a listen.

Mary V and trevorshmevor like this.
  18. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah i think that's what was so cool about it, every song sounds completely different. Also love heavy Ciz

19. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

All this Citizen talk is calling for a run through their albums.

My take is Youth is the most fun, EIGTH is the best all the way through, As You Please has their best individual songs

20. AshlandATeam

Trusted

I think this may be the correct take, but I think Heaviside and Yellow Love are their best songs. Overall, though I think this is the best way to look at their discography, since As You Please probably have 5 of the next 8 best songs.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  21. cherrywaves

Trusted

I never came back to this record, and I definitely prefer the previous two, but I think "In The Middle Of It All" is my favorite Citizen song overall

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I forgot how much I like Numb Yourself

Micah511 likes this.
  23. Guess this is the hot take now, but I’m still not really into EIGTH as a whole. It has moments for sure, but feels pretty half baked most of the time. It’s weird to say this about a band that I definitely do like, but I just don’t think they’re interesting enough to pull off that darker/outside the box sound — at least for the duration of the album. It’s like 40 minutes of “this is almost really fucking cool”

Mary V, BigMouth and Leftandleaving like this.
  24. flask

Trusted Supporter

Heaven has its moments but AYP is their best all the way through for me. Listened to it non-stop for like a year and its still the Citizen album I listen to the most.

latortuga, Whalejaw and BigMouth like this.
  25. Agreed. I wasn't in love with a full release from them since Young States until they released As You Please.