Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Citizen - As You Please (October 6, 2017) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by TMS2787, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

In 2014, Riotfest in Toronto i'll find the lineup tomorrow was a pretty epic day.

2. AshlandATeam

Trusted

Yeah this is my favorite song on the album. I do very much like Ten, for whatever that's worth.

3. TMS2787

Trusted

The video for 'Yellow Love' was just soul crushing. Put I watched it a million times, every time I listen to the song or hear it live I can just see the video.

4. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Damn phone is at 1% signing off lads this was fun we should do it again sometime lol

teebs41 likes this.
  5. enlliac

The Real Azor Ahai

I remember meeting Mat and Nick at Warped 2013 in Charlotte. They were super cool and Mat recognized me for being one of the people who sang/yelled along the most during their set since it was they were the openers of their stage that day. They both signed my Ciz shirt and I got a picture with them

6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

We are into July now and i have no idea how my top 10 will look this year.

Manchester Orchestra, Circa, this, and Turnover, all could be in there. Julien Baker at some point? Noah Gunderson? I know that Menzingers and Paramore will hang in there but everything else could move ha

7. TMS2787

Trusted

Ohhh, you did say 2014. I'm an idiot (it's late). Because I was at Chicago 2013 and Chicago 2016. I was going to be bummed if I missed them in 2014, lol. But Ciz's acoustic set last year was one ofthe weekend highlights for me.

DejaMoi and teebs41 like this.
  8. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

yea, its cool to have these convos about this band, I got into them after EIGTH came out and a lot of the community wasn't really into them at the time

DejaMoi likes this.
  9. enlliac

The Real Azor Ahai

Always leave a spot for Brand New...just in case

coleslawed and DejaMoi like this.
  10. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

haha, you arn't kidding... If Brand New released a new record this year that I liked more than A Black Mile to the Surface I would lose my mind

DejaMoi likes this.
  11. TedSchmosby

Trusted

This band meant so much to me this past year. I haven't gone back to them since them just because I don't really want to be reminded of that time, but hopefully this record will be one I can associate with better memories. Great band, nonetheless

12. TMS2787

Trusted

I was going to quote @teebs41 and mention Brand New but I didn't want to make myself sad. Haha

teebs41 likes this.
  13. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

you need to become a supporter so you can hang with us in the brand new supporter thread, thats where the real fun is

14. Great song! It took me a while to get into EIGTH, but it has some jams! Jet reminds me of the Young States EP, actually. And I love that EP! Sucks that we have to wait so long to hear the entire album, but oh well. Awesome releases every week to keep me going lol

15. AshlandATeam

Trusted

'68 and the Classic Crime will be close for me to add to your list. And at this point, Sorority Noise has the top spot on my list, with Julien Baker's as my most anticipated. I've been really happy with quite a few releases so far this year!

16. TMS2787

Trusted

I really should and I really post more in threads like this, I don't know why I don't…

17. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Right now my top 5 looks like this

Menzingers
    Paramore
    Tigers Jaw
    Sorority Noise
    Feist

I expect the MO to compete for number one when its all said and done, I've heard the record twice and loved every second so we will see. I wasn't a fan of the classic crime record, not really sure why.

18. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

dang this song is really really good. dig the album art a lot too. october is so far away though.

teebs41 likes this.
  19. AshlandATeam

Trusted

MO has never not been my favorite record in the years they've released stuff and I've been aware of them (so, since Everything to Nothing). That will probably not change this year, but Sprained Ankle is an absolute classic, so I wouldn't put it past Baker.

20. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

make sure you give the new record a listen, def a new direction for them. I finally found someone who like AGO but not Manchester, didn't know people like you existed haha

DejaMoi likes this.
  21. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Ring of Chain is the bands best song?

johnnyferris likes this.
  22. AshlandATeam

Trusted

I might have misspoke (lots of double negatives in my comments) - MO is one of my four or five favorite bands. They're basically always at the top of my AOTY list.

23. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

haha i totally misread that.. damn one day I'll find someone who likes AGO but not MO

24. AshlandATeam

Trusted

Although some days I think AGO is the band I wish MO was. I think I like the Season more than anything MO has done. Maybe. Depending on the day lol.

teebs41 likes this.
  25. AshlandATeam

Trusted

I did tell Nathan Hussey that the Season was better than Mean Everything at a show one time, and he said, 'woah. That's not true at all, but thanks.' And then laughed.

coleslawed, DejaMoi and trevorshmevor like this.