Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Citizen - As You Please (October 6, 2017) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by TMS2787, Jul 11, 2017.

1. TMS2787 Jul 11, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 11, 2017)
    TMS2787

Trusted

[​IMG]

Release Date: October 6, 2017
    Label: Run For Cover

1. Jet
    2. In the Middle of it All
    3. As You Please
    4. Mediecne
    5. Ugly Luck
    6. World
    7. Fever Day
    8. Control
    9. Discrete Routine
    10. I Forgive No One
    11. You Are a Star
    12. Flowechild

Pre-Order: Citizen - As You Please

Art Mackenzie and JaytotheGee like this.
  2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I guess I was too late! lets go! this song fucking rips. @cwhit this song really blends the two albums well, super catchy but really interesting

DejaMoi likes this.
  3. TMS2787

Trusted

I agree! I'm really enjoying this new song and I am on my third straight listen. I am really looking forward to hearing the rest of it and hearing this live on Friday.

DejaMoi and teebs41 like this.
  4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

was about to go to sleep but I'm too excited now

5. TMS2787

Trusted

I was just saying in the tour thread today that I didn't think they'd release anything before Friday and I'm glad I was wrong. I looked and they haven't Tweeted about it and deleted all previous Tweets. I'm sure in the morning it'll be all over. I need to jump on the box set pre-order but I'm broke. Ha.

6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

time to listen to Youth

DejaMoi likes this.
  7. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Well done @TMS2787 this seems more than adequate

teebs41 likes this.
  8. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Thx for including the pre order link need to check that out right now

teebs41 likes this.
  9. TMS2787

Trusted

Thank you, I tried to make sure I did a good enough job. I copy / pasted the info from the RFC sale page but it looked too long so I removed it.

No problem! Some cool stuff there. The deluxe box set is calling me. And the double tape set case made me laugh. Haha.

DejaMoi likes this.
  10. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I think I like this band more than I realized.. now that I see they are putting out a new record I'm all in again. Mat is such a good song writer, I feel like we really take him for granted.

js977 and DejaMoi like this.
  11. Colin Your Enthusiasm

He did some stuff on instragram live last week. Dude is so talented

12. Damnit, hate hearing the first song on an album before I can hear the whole thing. Really want to hear this but I'm just gonna hold off until they release something else.

enlliac likes this.
  13. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Limited Edition red/white mix swirl vinyl exclusive to box set

Ok this makes me kinda mad. I'm canadian and the exchange rate is brutal. I would LOVE that variant on its own but thd box set with shipping will be like $80 CAD maybe even more yikes

14. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

that is a big pet peeve of mine, hearing that first song is such a big part of pressing play on an album for the first time.

enlliac and trevorshmevor like this.
  15. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

listening to youth right now and god damn its a good album

DejaMoi likes this.
  16. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Sleep into How Does it feel is pure gold

js977 likes this.
  17. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Cool. Liked the last album, didn't like Youth

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  18. Yup. I don't so much mind if it's something I don't care that much about in the first place, but hitting play for the time on a record I'm heavily anticipating sort of... kills the momentum? I feel like that sounds silly but you probably know what I mean haha. I feel like I spend all of track 1 waiting for it to end instead of enjoying it in the context of the record.

johnnyutes likes this.
  19. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It hits the sweetspot when i want something short and sweet that packs a punch. So impressive how it can be equal parts heavy, equal parts catchy.

20. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

yes! I'm going to try not to play that single again before the record comes out haha. I will fail miserably, its so good.

DejaMoi and trevorshmevor like this.
  21. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

they showed so much potential with this record. Not saying that they didn't continue to get better with EIGTH, but they got a little bit unaccessible ha, blend the two records and I really think you end up with the perfect sound/blend of Alt Rock

DejaMoi likes this.
  22. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Its worst when its the closer imo. Plus this only comes out in October so if you don't overplay it (i know it will be hard since it rules) it will be fine and not distracting once you finally hear the album in its entireity

23. Youth is great. It's a pretty no frills, no surprises, overall very safe release imo but I really enjoy its simplicity and cohesiveness. The whole thing is pretty concise too so it's perfect for scratching that "emo tinged rock" itch. Or whatever people label this band as. Haha

EIGTH is a really cool step for them to have taken but tbh I don't come back to it much.

teebs41 likes this.
  24. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Yeah i hear ya cough ten cough

trevorshmevor and teebs41 like this.
  25. AshlandATeam

Trusted

Everybody is Going to Heaven is a fantastic record. I'm not totally sure I've actually ever given Youth a listen; I feel like that's a thing I should do.

coleslawed, DejaMoi and teebs41 like this.