Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Citizen Announce New Album; Debut New Song

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Citizen will release their new album, As You Please, on October 6th. They’ve also released their debut single “Jet” and pre-orders are now up.

Track Listing

1. Jet
    2. In the Middle Of It All
    3. As You Please
    4. Medicine
    5. Ugly Luck
    6. World
    7. Fever Days
    8. Control
    9. Discrete Routine
    10. I Forgive No One
    11. You Are a Star
    12. Flowerchild

2. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I like Jet a lot. Looking forward to an interesting follow up to EIGTH. Hoping for a bit more of a focus and consistent sound this time.

3. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I only liked a couple songs on EGTH which bums me out because I really adored Youth. Jet seems promising.

4. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

citizen is either hit or miss with me, but i enjoyed this

5. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

Pretty good track, will surely give their new record a chance.

6. Bass0820

October? Holy shit what a long wait

7. This is better than anything since Young States

8. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Youth I thought was excellent, and EIGTH was good. Some really awesome tracks on the latter, just not a consistent album all the way through. The stuff before youth is really hit or miss with me, minus the split with Turnover which I loved and was my introduction to this band.

9. jorbjorb

7 rings

I've always thought they sound stinky. This is no exception.

10. CMilliken

Trusted

Great song. Sounds like they found the middle ground between Youth and EIGHT. Should be a great album.

11. Chinesefood

Regular

Yeah, they've been done with the record for a while.

12. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Have we seriously reached a point where not even three months is a long wait for a record? That used to be par for the course.

CMilliken likes this.
  13. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Sounds good, like Youth but a little more pop?

I didn't like the last album.

BigMouth likes this.
  14. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

This is a banger. Pop gold

15. Bass0820

You think that, yet I thought we were finally getting to a point where we didn't need these long album rollouts. I mean, artists these days are not only announcing albums, but dropping them almost as soon as they get announced. Paramore announced their new album and dropped it in a month. Jay-Z surprise-dropped his new album and it's already certified gold. It's just dumb to be that album rollouts are still taking this long when it's completely unnecessary

16. FloatThroughMe

Regular Supporter

Really like this one. Have been anticipating this album all year.

17. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Save for the biggest artists, I feel like most bands NEED that time for buildup, to get more people interested in the record, etc.

18. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

I think my biggest issue with the long rollouts is when bands put out too many singles too soon. I hate hearing an album and wanting to skip songs I've over played.

I would like to see one month roll outs with a vinyl delay. Just get me the digital ASAP and send me the vinyl when it's done.

19. xenoabe

Regular

My thoughts exactly.

20. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

3 months is not a long time. Too many singles can be faulty, but having one or two out, and then included in setlists while on tour is a good move. Bands from much smaller labels like Citizen do not have the kind of fan base to warrant "surprise" releases.

Not to mention the smaller labels want to advertise as well. Jay Z has his own record company and streaming service, he had complete control and around a decade of waiting from his fans. I'd say if any band at this level were to try a surprise release or few weeks prior release, a good chunk of that already smaller fan base will likely download it for free first to find out if they like it.

TJ Wells likes this.
  21. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Yeah Jaz-Z is a terrible example.
    He is clearly the outlier in the music industry. ha

22. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

It's almost like there's a middle ground between three month rollout and surprise release

23. Bass0820

This is why I threw out the Paramore/MO example first

FTank likes this.
  24. tshreve

Metalicca

I was told yesterday that Mat is friends with a bunch of racist hardcore dudes from my area so I'm gonna have to pass on this band now

25. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Unless he partakes in awful acts or has promoted similar hateful views, why cut a bands music out of your life for one person being possibly associated with shitty people they know?