Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Citizen – “Open Your Heart”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. currytheword

Trusted

I wish I had a way to articulate how I once was head over heels for this band around the time of Youth, and how I really don't have any negative things to say about their work since but it's does nothing for me.

smowashere likes this.
  3. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

The exact opposite thing has happened to me with this band as time has progressed.

Love the end of this song.

4. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

Was really hoping for a Sonic Adventure cover song tbh

solxace likes this.
  5. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Some bricks

6. currytheword

Trusted

Mat's lyrical content hasn't really changed much, and his vocals now just bore me. The band is great, but nothing stands out to me on the last album at all. Heaven had about 3 tracks on it I return to.

7. mikeyoperocia

Loved "As You Please" so damn much. My initial response on the album (and introduction to them as a band) was that the album was pretty blah, but the production was so good that I kept revisiting a few songs. Now I love the album cover to cover. Bass tones just do it for me!

EDIT: haven't listened to the new track yet, will update!

8. HarrisonMonopoly

Regular

I think this song is good, but it was a B side for a reason.

9. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Love this band so damn much.

10. DeRRek

Trusted

Really like this song. Saw them live for the first time supporting TSSF in Glasgow last month. They were great.

Colin Your Enthusiasm likes this.
  11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

This is better than about half of As You Please.

Nice.

12. Merve

Pennycan Champion

This is really, really good. I kinda wish it had been on the album, even if the strings and keyboards would have made it feel slightly out of place.

Colin Your Enthusiasm likes this.