Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Circa Survive Band • Page 64

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Sophos, Mar 14, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

late add to Coachella please

2. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

I've just had a maybe more likely idea - maybe they're on the inaugral Primavera Los Angeles line-up? Prima tend to book left-field stuff, and whilst date-wise its after the tour, it would make sense that a radius clause would be in place.

Of all the things I've thought so far, that's probably the one I'd say is most likely

3. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

Welp, Wife just surprised me with VIP tickets for Circa in Ft Wayne, IN.. So wahoo! This'll be my 2nd Circa show and her 1st.

Bartek T. likes this.
  4. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

Chain fest?

5. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

beachdude likes this.
  6. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I hope “playing songs from” means the whole album but I’m not counting on it

7. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

The original Chain Fest a few years ago was a HUGE day for me, lots of great memories. This is a dope lineup and I’ll absolutely be there!!

8. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

didnt know anberlin was still going

kelseyduffy likes this.
  9. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

They weren't, they've got like a half come back going on.

Your Milkshake likes this.
  10. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Damn, that lineup is right up my alley.

11. kelseyduffy

obliterate all prior things

eyyy

12. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

:chin:

13. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Skater Boi 2

aoftbsten and Texas Flood like this.

14. This is the most random collaboration I've heard in a long time. Can't believe I didn't catch it at the time?

15. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

I dig it? I think?

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  16. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

My post wasn’t commenting on the quality of the song (although I think it’s a really cool collab and Anthony sounds characteristically great on it), it was more like “what elements of this song could possibly be making their way onto the new Circa record” lol. Going to be interesting to see, can’t wait to hear it.

17. irthesteve

I remember when this came out, it was a lot of this same reaction... A lot of "wtf" and also "wait, its cool"

skogsraet likes this.
  18. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

its a good song some of the instrumentals are curiously dated for when it was released

trevorshmevor likes this.
  19. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Seems like the new Circa record will have some curveballs, which is good. I know it’s unlikely, but I kinda hope they don’t go to Yip again. I like Yip a lot, but I think it’d be good for them to get some fresh blood on the project.

20. irthesteve

I know a ton of people would not be fans, but I would love the band to go off the fucking rails for the next album. They definitely have settled into a comfortable sound for their last few albums, something crazy would be refreshing

21. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

I agree. Love Yip but would like a different producers perspective. Someone who isn’t going for the wall of sound approach.

ImAMetaphor likes this.
  22. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I feel very much the same way and this i think is kinda why i didn't love The Amulet

23. irthesteve

mmhmm, I never came around to The Amulet for a few reasons, but feeling like autopilot plus the production and mixing are two of the biggest reason

skogsraet likes this.
  24. Scarecrow Boat

Regular

Hope Anthony is mentioning that song because the album will have an electronic aspect, but not because it will sound like that song lol. Chris from Underoath was on twitter saying he would love to work with them, that’s an element that I think would add another level to them. Also idk if AG would do it, but some Bon Iver-ish vocal effects would sound awesome with his voice.

25. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

back along time ago when I thought this band could do no wrong I always thought it would be a natural progression for them to transition into some electronic elements i.e. textural synths and drum machines