Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Circa Survive Band • Page 61

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Sophos, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

sighhh I think about Cowboy Jam all the time

kelseyduffy likes this.
  2. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

def seemed like the BSN deluxe could have been a lot more comprehensive, much as it sounds great

3. socklord

Trusted

Yeah there was a lot of cool stuff going around during the BSN writing/recording process. I think a song/idea or two ended up on Beautiful Things, if I’m not mistaken.

As far as Violent Waves goes, I’d be surprised if they did a deluxe edition for that album. The band seemed much quieter and more reserved during the writing/recording process for that album and that album cycle was pretty short lived. I’m sure some stuff exists, but I wouldn’t expect the amount of stuff from the first three albums.

4. Philll

Trusted

Didn't Anthony basically do every separately to the band during Violent Waves being made? I'd be surprised if there was a lot of leftover material.

5. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Dammmn. I’ve never heard Cowboy Jam before. That sounds awesome.

6. Gooddayz

always and forever

Spotify says my top song of the decade is The Amulet.. I am 100% ok with that.

7. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, exactly that. It was an era in where Anthony's heroin addiction reached tipping point, and the band half broke-up for a while, from what I understand. Anthony did all his parts separately.

I'd certainly be surprised if there was much of anything to be salvaged.

Philll likes this.
  8. aoftbsten Dec 11, 2019
    (Last edited: Dec 11, 2019)
    aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I still want to hear a proper version of the song, "Violent Waves". So good.

Edit: here's the video

9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Creature Survive, eh?

10. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Totally forgot about this. Had me so hyped for the album

aoftbsten likes this.
  11. irthesteve

Anthony cancelled next week's shows to focus on his health

12. atlas

Trusted

hope he's ok

13. musicfan10

Trusted

I’ll find a way is one of the best songs ever written

14. Philll

Trusted

Folks today we can rejoice because we (probably) get a new Circa Survive record this year.

aoftbsten likes this.
  15. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Where have you caught that info?

16. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

beachdude, Bartek T. and Philll like this.
  17. -deleted-

-

Saosin had also cancelled their shows 2 weekends ago in Cali. He’s gone through a serious relapse it seems.

Hoping the best for one of the best. I can’t imagine losing Anthony Green to addiction it would crush my soul.

18. musicfan10

Trusted

What happened?

mattav152 likes this.
  19. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

I just hope Anthony knows how fuckin much his fans appreciate him and not just him but all the people he's made music with.

20. Philll

Trusted

beachdude, Cameron and Sean Murphy like this.
  21. irthesteve

damn, Anthony dropped out of the Rx Bandits show as well. I thought he might, but they just announced it

22. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

I’m guessing that they’re announcing these things close is that he’s hopefully just gonna come back when he’s really ready.

23. musicfan10

Trusted

Sounds bad

24. Philll

Trusted

...? Sounds like he's just trying to make the best choices for his health and his family, seems to me like he's going about it the right way.

25. Philll

Trusted

Anthony replied to my tweet and if this collab were to ever happen I'm taking 100% of the credit thx