Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Circa Survive Band • Page 58

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Sophos, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Yeah, I like the instrumentation and think it creates a cool atmosphere, but nearly 4 minutes of it is a tough sell. About halfway in I’m ready for something new, especially at their shows. Big agree on Nesting Dolls though, that one builds at a much more steady rate

aoftbsten likes this.
  2. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

I think I used to feel a little bit like that after the newness of the song wore off, but I started to tune into the bass line more and its such a groove, that I can't help but love it.
    The bass line on that song is what keeps it so good in the long run, I think. The breakdowns are obviously great, but the bass is such a groove, it makes me always come back to it.

trevorshmevor and aoftbsten like this.
  3. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

think he finally got it right on amulet. descensus sounded irritating to me.

Ken likes this.
  4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I just really, can not get into The Amulet. I have listened at least 10 times and still don't know any songs by name and the album just blends into one muddy mess for me, I don't know what it is

currytheword likes this.
  5. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

its one of my very least favorites

trevorshmevor likes this.
  6. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Steve

Ken likes this.
  7. irthesteve

8. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

currytheword likes this.
  9. irthesteve

currytheword likes this.
  10. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Child of the Desert is a top 5 song for this band imo. Production on VW through The Amulet doesn’t really bother me, but I do think the earlier albums pop a little more in that regard.

11. trevorshmevor Oct 18, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 18, 2019)
    Descensus is the only one I have production issues with, I think Yip is generally pretty bad at capturing that type of aggressive, high energy performance that attempts sonic depth (see: The Things We Think We’re Missing, As You Please). It’s very flat to me

12. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

BSN
    OLG
    Amulet
    Juturna
    Descensus
    VW

I don’t think I’ve ever ranked Circa discog.

13. christsizedshoes

Trusted

It's a bottom 5 song in their discog IMO, potentially #1. The end is pretty enjoyable but I never make it that far.

Your Milkshake likes this.
  14. christsizedshoes

Trusted

The production varies quite a bit among that group, but agreed that there are real weaknesses in all three.

Of course, they've never had a truly well produced record. Juturna is probably the closest. BSN is horrific in its own right with the clipping and compression.

15. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

OLG has the best production, I think

16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

The Amulet’ production not only suits the trippy/atmospheric ness of it, but it’s also the best sounding post BSN album.

chewbacca110, beachdude, Ken and 5 others like this.
  17. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I’m required to bring up Second Stage Turbine Blade when this conversation happens.

18. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Acrobatic Tenement

19. currytheword

Trusted

I just sorted my Apple Music playlist for Anthony Green by release dates and it was a headache. This guy has had one hell of a career.

20. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

wow I really can't rank all of that!

currytheword likes this.
  21. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

He's got his solo stuff, Crica, Saosin, Sound of Animals Fighting and I feel like I'm missing another one.

22. currytheword

Trusted

I don't believe Audience of One is on streaming services, but he also worked on a few releases with Zolof TRNRD which isn't really my thing.

23. currytheword

Trusted

Foot in my mouth! Their first LP with Anthony is on Apple Music and I just heard it in the best quality ever since having listened to it on Youtube for years.

beachdude and aoftbsten like this.
  24. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Also High and Driving, quite a cool EP. But that's past stuff! I feel like now he might be up to something else on the side still.

25. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

Forgot about Jeer At Rome. Had that EP on my iPod forever haha. Doesn't seem like its on any streaming services, which isn't surprising at all.