Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Circa Survive Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Sophos, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

I was surprised to see that instead of challenging the racists/homophobes, they said they shouldn't go to their shows or listen to their music. Although to be fair to them, I can see there's a lot of anger and sadness stemming from the events in Orlando, so appreciate why they might have responded in that way.

2. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Good for them. Fuck those people that even said any of those things. (I didn't even know that shit happened)

stillbrazy likes this.
  3. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

I didn't either, kind of stopped checking there socials as frequently since Anthony is doing Saosin and solo stuff this year.

4. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Glad to see they brought up the issue. I've found Circa has a lot of shitty fans like that from that incident, and the Circa subreddit. I don't really want to fault the band for using the slurs as reference point, I think it does drive the point stronger than if they danced around it. But, I kind of keep myself out of the political correctness topic just because it often causes more violence than anything so that's all I'm going to say on the subject.

As a side note, I really need to stop going on reddit. Cool things just pop up sometimes, like recently Manchester Orchestra's Mean Everything to Nothing's instrumental masters popped up, so I find it hard to detach from entirely.

5. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Nice response. I have a lot of respect for Anthony and Circa and this proves why. I wish they would have censored the slurs, but I understand why they were included.

teebs41 likes this.
  6. Deathco_019

Drummer

I think it's a great message overall. Seeing the slurs explicitly used made me feel a bit uncomfortable, but great message otherwise.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  7. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i understand why they used the slurs. great response.

8. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

This is a great response. That they kept in the "language" makes most people feel uncomfortable which ultimately drives home the point they are attempting to make.

Good on them for putting the health of their community above fandom of a few.

9. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i really wanna get an on letting go art tattoo very soon

10. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Anthony released a new song today, why can't he sing like this on circa and Saosin records!

11. ImAMetaphor

Where? I can't find it on his Facebook or Twitter, just a clip.

teebs41 likes this.
  12. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh yea I guess it's just a clip, still sounds good

13. ImAMetaphor

Haha, I thought you were saying he dropped the entire song. The clip does sound really promising though!

teebs41 likes this.
  14. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea I worded that really poorly ha

15. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

16. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

FYI for any Esao Andrews fans - he's put two prints up for sale for this weekend.

17. christsizedshoes

Trusted

This new track from Steve's side project flyermile is pretty much fantastic.

I enjoyed their song "End of Eve" a couple years ago too. Hopefully a properly produced full length is coming at some point.

18. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

My luck with vinyl has been bad this year. My friend paid me to do a job for him so I got the tour pressing of Juturna from:

Circa Survive - Juturna LP and Enamel Pin Bundle (yes it's the same, sticker says "Tour exclusive, limited to 1,000", it just comes with a lapel pin instead of the screen print)

And they shipped the lapel pin with the pin part down (or it could have been up, but wasn't secured so it flipped in the shipping process) so it put a nasty dent and hole in the jacket. I hope this can be fixed easily. haha

19. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Anyone else hoping for a very spacey experimental circa record now that we had two heavy Anthony records. It would be cool if they went back to juturna/on letting go sound with Anthony laying down much cleaner vocals

trevorshmevor and lightning13 like this.
  20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yes

teebs41 likes this.
  21. lolfpcmlol

Regular

That Flyermile song is amazing. I never knew about this side project before. I also don't know why this wasn't part of the circa catalog. It would fit right in in my opinion. It's a big proggy at times and maybe slightly 'darker' sounding at parts but a lot of the riffing reminds me of early circa. The beginning gives me an always getting what you want sort of vibe.

22. Deathco_019

Drummer

Would love to see them incorporate electronic elements into their sound a bit more in an ambient sense. Something ambient and atmospheric would be an interesting turn from Descensus. But I'd also love to see them expand more on the title track from Descensus which showed some post-metal influence.

This band is very consistent though and one of my favorite bands so I'm sure I'll be on board with just about anything they cook up.

23. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I would be interested in electronic elements being more prominent, Battle My Love is really cool.

lightning13 likes this.
  24. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

All A+ posts

Deathco_019, teebs41 and Benjamin Lee like this.
  25. ImAMetaphor

I'm pretty sure I'll love anything they do, but a spacier, atmospheric record sounds pretty great.