Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Circa Survive Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Sophos, Mar 14, 2016.

1. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Holy shit I could make a lot of money

2. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I would be willing to bet that OLG gets a deluxe treatment for its ten year anniversary next year, like Juturna did.

3. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

The "deluxe edition" of that record is one of my favorite albums I own. The artwork is amazing.

4. Scarecrow Boat

Regular

We just passed the 9 year anniversary of On Letting Go. I can still remember the Summer this came out and how much I loved it. Such an awesome record and probably my favorite AG record. Will be listening to this all Summer I can already tell.

5. christsizedshoes

Trusted

So much this.

It's my favorite Circa and AG record to date on its own merits, but it's also very nostalgic for me. Was a great spring/summer for me following some rough shit the year prior.

Scarecrow Boat and teebs41 like this.
  6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

The tour for on letting go was amazing. Does anyone remember when they played the videos behind them for that tour?

Scarecrow Boat likes this.
  7. airik625

I hope there is a 10 Year Anniversary Repress of the vinyl next year. The Ann. repress for Juturna was top notch.

dead_fm likes this.
  8. Scarecrow Boat

Regular

And I think later in 07 they were on the Thrice Alchemy index tour. Need a time machine for that one.

9. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

yep. their best tour.

teebs41 likes this.
  10. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I bet the demos will be of a pretty high quality + potentially lots of unheard or eventually reworked demos. they wrote a bunch in that time. We know that they reworked at least several left over or cut tracks from the OLG era that eventually became tracks on BSN and VW.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  11. airik625

I did not know that.

12. Your Milkshake Jun 2, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 2, 2016)
    Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

theyve said that Glass Arrows, Bird Sounds are from the OLG era. They even posted a vid a long ass time ago where they were jamming on Bird Sounds at a practice space. I feel that there is more but I'd have to look it back up.

13. christsizedshoes

Trusted

"Glass Arrows" is probably my favorite track on BSN specifically because it has the super melodic element that largely disappeared after OLG - not surprised it was a leftover.

Some other later tracks that have that vibe are "Strange Terrain," "Backmask," and "Only the Sun." Curious to see whether any of those show up as OLG demos too.

14. Deathco_019

Drummer

Some songs from Appendage were written during the OLG era too: Sleep Underground, obviously, but I'm pretty sure Stare Like You'll Stay and Backmask were too.

15. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Anyone know what happened to their social media??

16. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

someone hacked them it seems like

17. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

It appears that their Instagram was hacked

EDIT: cwhit beat me to it, haha

18. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea I know that, but wanted to know what the hacker posted lol

19. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

He posted weird selfies, then deleted them and all the old photos

20. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

So On Letting Go is one of the best albums to come from this scene am i right.

The aggressive songwriting combined with the textures and buildups is superb. While "Act Appalled" is still my favorite Circa song I think I've come around to OLG being my favorite record front to back. That said, all 5 records and Appendage form a pretty stellar catalog of weird, spacey, catchy, incredible music.

21. irthesteve

:heart:

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  22. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

What a classy response. If more bands in the scene responded to things this way it would be a much safer place

irthesteve likes this.
  23. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Awesome response.

teebs41 likes this.
  24. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Response was fine overall but could've done without them actually repeating the slurs.

CoffeeEyes17 and teebs41 like this.
  25. irthesteve

I see that, but it also makes it way more real in my opinion. When I read that section it hit really hard, way more than if they alluded to it, in my opinion