Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Circa Survive Band • Page 120

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Sophos, Mar 14, 2016.

1. atlas

Trusted

my one interaction with Anthony was when me and my friend were walking around the venue before a Circa show and turned a corner and he was doing yoga (or something) on a piece of cardboard. It went like this:

"hey Anthony"
    "hey boys"
    "have a great show later dude"
    "thanks boys"

2. jciswhatis

Ugh, I hate America. Supporter

Are the 2 tracks up anywhere? Touche/Circa covers. I missed them.

3. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

They will be posted to youtube within a couple of months (when the next splitsville gets announced)

Bands own their own songs so if they want it on streaming or bandcamp that's up to the labels/band to decide.

beachdude and Bartek T. like this.
  4. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Just saw this local band perform the other day and they sounded great live. The guitars in the verses of this one kinda remind me of Circa

disambigujason likes this.
  5. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

After about 100 listens of these two EPs (like them a lot as a collective album/playlist) - this has moved into top tier for me along with Juturna/Amulet

Also the live playthru Patreon videos of these songs are fucking awesome

beachdude and sophos34 like this.
  6. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

they have live playthroughs of the ep tracks???! like live video performances?

i thought they were giving the patreon a break

7. Dinkleberg

Go birds Supporter

They filmed them back in December. So far, they've released 360 videos of Imposter Syndrome and Our Last Shot. The latter turned out really fucking tight

8. Transient_Hymn

Our last shot was sooo much heavier "live". Really enjoyed that. Beard on programmed keys and bass is fun.

beachdude and Dinkleberg like this.
  9. Ellamamama

This is your life, are you who you want to be?

A fun poppier side to Anthony? Interested to hear the rest of this project.

10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Texas Flood likes this.
  11. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

My A Dream About Love vinyl preorder came in today. Which is funny because I canceled it months ago

beachdude likes this.
  12. MegT585

Trusted

Same!! and I got refunded as well!

beachdude and Micah511 like this.
  13. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

anyone else feel like they might actually break up this time

i hope not but the discord post from months ago has settled in on me

14. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

What discord post???

15. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

patreon post i meant. my b.

16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

What Patreon post??

17. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

its all actually in this thread if you page back. they have no tours, stopped the patreon, said theyre having financial problems, ant said he wasnt that close to some of the guys anymore, steve and ant had some problems. im just really worried about them because i care about them. hope im wrong.

18. Transient_Hymn

I really hope not. Think they really re hit their stride with Amulet and the Dream EPs.

Your Milkshake likes this.
  19. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Nah, I doubt they'll ever break up at this point, they've gone through so much without faltering, no reason to think that this exact moment in time is somehow the worst they have ever had as a group

20. Dinkleberg

Go birds Supporter

They didn’t stop the Patreon. They literally dropped a live video for Even Better last month and just released a demo on there a few days ago.

irthesteve likes this.
  21. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

those videos were recorded prior

and theyre not doing anymore new content for the patreon but that doesnt exclude existing demos etc

22. Transient_Hymn

was that announced? I don’t remember seeing it on the Patreon

23. Transient_Hymn

Man this does sound a little more dire than I remembered.

Attached Files:

24. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah that was the one i remembered (also linked in this thread month or so ago)

25. Dinkleberg

Go birds Supporter

Hope all is well in their camp. Looks like Anthony is interested in Circa doing the tour with Coheed. I don’t think they’re going to break up. I think they just needed to focus on other ways to make money over the last couple months after issuing a ton of refunds and not touring like they had planned. I know Nick toured with Poppy back in March or April.

Also, the BSN tour got cancelled because Anthony needed to focus on his health. The fact that he’s showing interest in doing the Coheed tour should mean something. Of course, there are a lot of other logistics to be determined, but I don’t get the sense that Anthony is done with Circa.

Phantoms, stars143 and Joe4th like this.