Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Circa Survive Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Sophos, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Sophos

Regular

Circa Survive is an American rock band from the Philadelphia suburb of Doylestown, formed in 2004. The band consists of former members from Saosin, This Day Forward, and Taken. The band quickly made a name for themselves in the indie music scene in little over two years with their first album, Juturna, released on April 9, 2005, and second album, On Letting Go, released on May 29, 2007, both released on Equal Vision Records. Their third album, Blue Sky Noise, was released on April 20, 2010, on Atlantic Records to critical acclaim. After parting ways with Atlantic Records, their fourth album, Violent Waves, was released independently on August 28, 2012. Their fifth album, Descensus, was released by Sumerian Records on November 24, 2014.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  2. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Excited for the RSD release and possibly a new album.

Juturna for life

teebs41 and nohandstoholdonto like this.
  3. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

teebs41 likes this.
  4. Deathco_019

Drummer

Can't believe there wasn't a thread for these guys yet.

I don't think we'll be getting a new album this year. I heard this year is going to be light for Circa due to Anthony's commitments with Saosin (and possibly his solo album which might be planned for this year too idk). I imagine the other guys are gonna write a lot of material throughout the year and they'll go into recording next year.

5. Sophos

Regular

i was super shocked there wasnt one either

im team on letting go and will be getting that art tattooed on me this year hopefully. but right now, its all bout blue sky noise because it is one of the best records to blast on days like today where its beautiful spring weather.

6. Deathco_019

Drummer

OLG and BSN are the two most important albums to me from them (and both would be in my top 20-30 albums). Both really personal albums to me that have held up strong over the six years I've been listening to this band now. Forgot to mention BSN when spring albums came into the discussion a few days ago. That's a great one, maybe partially because it was released in the spring haha.

7. Sophos

Regular

yeah many times albums coordinate with seasons because thats when i discovered them and/or thats when it came out

8. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

BSN + OLG are very personal to me as well. Crazy it's been almost six years since BSN.

9. Deathco_019

Drummer

The rhythm to Schema is so fucking tight. I never grow tired of it.

teebs41 likes this.
  10. Deathco_019

Drummer

Update, now that I'm done listening to Descensus again for the first time in a little while. The title track is still one of the best songs this band has done.

teebs41 likes this.
  11. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I'm still in the group that thinks Blue Sky Noise is their best, and Violent Waves is one of the most underrated albums of all time. haha

Slampiece and dead_fm like this.
  12. Kristen Mar 31, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 31, 2016)
    Kristen

Regular

OLG is perfect in my book. Everything from production to the songs themselves.

13. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

I only like Blue Sky Noise but i haven't listened to it in years

14. Iago

forbidden chalice.

I don't revisit this band much, but when I do, I'm hooked for a week. I can never decide what's my favorite record of theirs.

15. Deathco_019

Drummer

Still love this band every single day. Juturna, OLG, and BSN changed my life.

Gooddayz likes this.
  16. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

This is one of those perfect Spring time bands for me. Especially Decensus, OLG, and BSN. I think though Decensus has become my favorite of the whole lot.

17. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

This has to be the place for my first post. ❤️

[​IMG]

18. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

One of my all-time favorites, and maybe the best live band I've ever seen

19. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Good call with the Circa thread, Jake.

I've pretty much had Juturna on constant rotation since it's release. Even got that jawn tatted on my arm.

20. edquin

Been listening to Descensus today, didn't hit me hard when it first came out but I'm in love with it right now. So ready for another album.

21. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I love hearing Circa Survive cover Nirvana. Their contribution to the Bleach tribute is a lot of fun.

dead_fm likes this.
  22. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

23. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I like it a good bit.

24. Iago

forbidden chalice.

Trying not to wear it out.

25. dead_fm

Regular

I really wish they would repress BSN and OLG........I'd love to have them buy I can't shell out $200-$300 a piece for them. Fucking flippers.